CTF-Archanastre (UT2004)

Sjosz

CTF-Archanastre is the product of over a year of layout tweaking and about 6 full theme changes, ranging from high tech space station to oriental underground tunnels to what it turned out to be now. The name Archanastre is a blend between the names of 2 major cities in Final Fantasy XII (Archadia and Rabanastre) which formed the main source of inspiration for the final map build's theme. It's supposed to be very minimalist and since I have such a weak spot for BSP, most of the geometry is made out of BSP rather than mesh... I think around 5700-5800 brushes in total...

screenshothg4.th.jpgscreenshot2iq4.th.jpgscreenshot3lq4.th.jpgscreenshot4qr0.th.jpgscreenshot5bg9.th.jpg

http://www.slainchild.com/files/ctf-archanastre.zip

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=9739

http://www.ut-x.net/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,143/Itemid,62/

Thanks to Slainchild for hosting, other mirrors will be put up as soon as they're up.

EDIT: This level is for Unreal Tournament 2004.

From what I can see from that screenshot:

WOW

Good job, looking very smooth for a HL map! :) +1 for atmosphere too!

Reading is hard :oops:

Anyway, looks like a decent bit of work, too bad I don't have UT2004 so that I can test it.

I edited the post after I read Killertomato's, forgot to add the game it was made for, my bad! :oops:

"CTF-" and the pickups on the shot alone should tell you that this is not a HL map though...anyway, any more screens? Looks promising.

I'll try and make a few more later today when I get home, and since I just moved, I won't be able to upload them and post them here before tomorrow morning :( (at 4 AM in the morning you tend to start forgetting things like making more screenshots)

Cool BSP work and the map looks solid too, but Im not entirely convinced by the lighting and any extras yet. It looks pretty ambient and white lighting like and perhaps some extra particles/effects/eyecatches/little details could have lived it up on some spots.

I believe the lighting is believable, the sunlight being the main source, and several smaller sources making up for the rest. Though probably slightly on the light side, I think it's not that unrealistic. I had considered putting way more eyecandy in like loose bricks and all that for a really long time too, even tried it in a lot of spots, but it simply made my intended minimalist style ideas go to waste IMO.

I'll agree that it could've been detailed a lot more, but I was going for a really sober looking project, and I think I established that well.

From what I can see from that screenshot:

WOW

Good job, looking very smooth for a HL map! :) +1 for atmosphere too!

Reading is hard :oops:

Anyway, looks like a decent bit of work, too bad I don't have UT2004 so that I can test it.

I edited the post after I read Killertomato's, forgot to add the game it was made for, my bad! :oops:

Looks nice for a UT04 map too. :)

Rick keep EOT out of the rest of mapcore pls (especially the WIP and finnished work boards) kthxbye.