Testing out my camera.

SnipaMasta

I decided to go and test out my camera (Canon EOS 350D with standard lens) - because it's been sent back to Canon twice and I still think there's something wrong with it. But I'll get to that in a moment, firstly - the good pictures:

Img1.jpg

Img2.jpg

Img3.jpg

Img4.jpg

Img5.jpg

Img6.jpg

Img7.jpg

Img8.jpg

Img9.jpg

Img10.jpg

Img11.jpg

And here are some I noticed that highlight the problems I'm having:

Imgcrap1.jpg

Imgcrap2.jpg

Basically, first one shows some over-exposure that happens a lot on outdoor photo's, and the second shows it to a lesser degree and some rather over-constrated colours I think. Not really sure what's causing it.

to prevent over-/underexposure: use manual mode and save images as RAW files. you can tweak exposure in photoshop without quality loss (if you don't make +3 exposure). try it out. the camera you got there is really nice!

if you don't like the colors then use RAW mode too. you can increase saturation and tweak a lot of other things.

i think you were using automatic mode which always is the newby way of taking photos. EOS is about controlling every slider and wheel on your own. JPEG images == big suck! they don't offer you the shit you actually need when taking professional photos.

It's also the easiest method :D. I do mess with manual settings sometimes, but automatic worked fine when I first had the camera so I don't know why it isn't now...

if you don't use manual settings please sell your camera D:

serious: you have so much more options when using manual settings. you dont get over exposure, no wrong focus, correct colors. everything is so much better.

Since New Year's eve this year i never again used one of the modes below P on 350's mode-wheel. Hessi back then introduced me the RAW Files (I edit them with the Digital Photo Professional Software on the CD) and it's really kick ass. i don't see any problem with your fotos there - it just seems automeasurement gets the wrong part of the picture as brightnessfactor. Try to set another whitebalance and check what point is measured (Exif Informations).

Problem with RAW files is that the ones the 350D saves only works with Photoshop CS2 (or at least the ones I tried did, unless there's different RAW files you can save). I still use Photoshop CS because after that they removed one of my most-used shortcuts and it's rather annoying to work without it :)

Problem with RAW files is that the ones the 350D saves only works with Photoshop CS2 (or at least the ones I tried did, unless there's different RAW files you can save). I still use Photoshop CS because after that they removed one of my most-used shortcuts and it's rather annoying to work without it :)

you know that you can set shortcuts manually? the 350D RAW only works with CS2. no CS1 support!