⌐■_■

Well?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• AWESUM!!
    • Hmm.. Looks good :)
    • Not thrilled
    • Blegh!

Woah.. this trailer totally sweapt me off my feet! This is a movie I'm definitly going to see. Not sure if I'll go to the cinema for it though..

"My name is Robert Neville. I am a survivor living in New York City. If there is anybody out there, anybody. Please. You are not alone."

image2mv7.jpg

This movie is based opun the book ''I am Legend'' by Richard Matheson. This is what Wiki has to say about the book (fragment):

The book takes place in the then-future of 1976–1979, and opens with the monotony and horror of the daily life of the protagonist, Robert Neville. Neville is apparently the only survivor of an apocalypse caused by a pandemic of a bacterium the symptoms of which are very similar to vampirism. He lives in a house fortified against nocturnal attacks by the roaming infected, and sallies forth by daylight to kill the sleeping vampires. Every day he also makes repairs to his house, boarding up windows, stringing and hanging garlic, and disposing of vampires' corpses on his lawn.

Neville's psychological disposition is a significant element in the novel, and his struggles with despair imbue the character with intensity and gravitas. The author emphasizes that he is an ordinary, flawed man trying to deal with an extraordinary catastrophe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend

And this is what movieweb has to say about the film:

Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable... and manmade. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City... and maybe the world. But he is not alone.

Well, I can say that I'm looking forward to this movie! :)

The new movie is technically a remake of the old Charleton Heston movie The Omega Man, which in turn was an adaptation of the book I Am Legend.

The book is amazing. I highly recommend it. Its not just a generic zombie/vampire end-of-the-world book, it is the zombie/vampire end-of-the-world book.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm still dissapointed that they are making it more like the omega man and less like the book. It kinda takes away the whole point of the title. I'd say more, but that would spoil the book (of course, if you want the spoiler, read the wiki article's plot summary).