Sign in to follow this  
zaphod

go-kart model

i really hate it when people try to add depth of field onto images that do not need it. especially when it is badly done. you should better grab some physics books and read the chapters about optical systems!

to the kart:

the texture still lacks of details. even if you apply some planar transparent polygons above it could need some dirt or dust or maybe some drills and vents. i still don't like the proportion of the exhausts.

ifO - re-hosted

about that imageshack - it's doing very badly those days :fist:

i really hate it when people try to add depth of field onto images that do not need it. especially when it is badly done. you should better grab some physics books and read the chapters about optical systems!

lol hessi, i had optical theory on my photo lessons since 2001, so i know a lot about optic and perspective :oops: also a have highest grade on my technical drawning lessons, but Your right, it's badly done :wink: just for fun :D

b.

ifO - re-hosted

about that imageshack - it's doing very badly those days :fist:

lol hessi, i had optical theory on my photo lessons since 2001, so i know a lot about optic and perspective :oops: also a have highest grade on my technical drawning lessons, but Your right, it's badly done :wink: just for fun :D

b.

this doesnt change the fact that your painted dof is not correct and looks weird. oh and btw: grades tell shit about personal skills. i got 3.7 in my first math test at uni. in the second one i hat a 1.0 (which is the best you can achieve). oh and btw: i am currently teaching students how to deal with cameras. explaining those effects.

well. enough of bitching around. i gave my two cents.

Yeah, grades tell nothing about personal skills, but they can gave a image of it i think. i believe Your a good teacher, so let's end this discussion. :wink:

i said it's badly done;) some times it's good to blur some things to put focus on another, in this case on go-kart. - it's art thory :wink: but yes, sometimes it doesn't working.

b.

ok :banjo:

btw: if you want to make a faked DOF: render a deph map and try to use it as a selection mask in photoshop and then blur with the mask :) maybe you would need to make some color selections to only blur at specific depth ranges.

ok :banjo:

btw: if you want to make a faked DOF: render a deph map and try to use it as a selection mask in photoshop and then blur with the mask :) maybe you would need to make some color selections to only blur at specific depth ranges.

thx :)

b.

ok, having a bit of difficulty. I have animated a little in maya, but never more than one clip. How do you set up multiple anims on a skele? I have animated one pose but I keep trying to make new clips and start a new animation but I never get seperate ones. Anyone have character animating exp? Or know where to get more info about setting up characters in that respect?

wow, you have a sharp eye!

The tread also looks like the bumps on it are sticking out, rather than being recessed like on real tyres.

Would be a pretty bad tyre to have raised bumps :-D