New 3D feature in Hammer?

⌐■_■

It's been quite a while since I touched HAMMER due to PC problems and a curse I'm currently trying to undo.

Anyhow, When I'm in Hammer, I can now drag, extrude and scale things in the 3D window.. Is this new, and more importantly: is there a way to disable this? I hate it since it crashes Hammer and fooks up the things I normally use my 3d window for. It sucks.

I know I'm an amature, don't shoot me.

It's one of these features I've not really seen mentioned anywhere, but it has been in for a while now. I enabled it accidentally at work not too long after I started and figured it must have been a feature of our internal version of hammer, but when I checked it at home, sure enough it was there too. Odd it hasn't been documented at all seemingly, but then it isn't something that is all that useful really.

Providing you keep your basic geometry to a decent grid size, it actually is quite useful in the latter stages of a map's development, as you can easily resize stuff using the 3d viewport rather than having to guess what you're looking at in the 2d windows :) I don't use it much, but it does come in handy now and again. If they extended the functionality it'd be a lot more useful.

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Post in Yanzl's Source Emporium
      Two new asset releases!

First up is Basalt. Sadly I can't release all of the assets as some of the nature stuff is from Megascans and can't be redistributed. Also only includes the assets I've made.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e86kdqwpvhhs5x6/Basalt.zip?dl=0

Second one is assets I've made for Pitstop. A small release that includes some road and concrete trim textures, a bunch of sponsors and some skybox buildings that might be useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6tn3b6nfo2u77d/Pitstop.zip?dl=0

As always, free for non-commercial use with attribution.