Sign in to follow this  
Nubblecakes

"Gecko" textures.

First off, I would like to introduce myself. You can call me "Nubblecakes," or "Nub" for short.

Getting back on topic, I have some textures for you guys. :D

I made these a few weeks ago, and I really liked the outcome of them. I am using a WIP map of mine to show the textures off in action:

gecko_tubes0000-1.jpg

gecko_tubes0001-1.jpg

gecko_tubes0002-1.jpg

gecko_tubes0005.jpg

gecko_tubes0004.jpg

gecko_tubes0003.jpg

gecko_tubes0002.jpg

Hope I didn't miss any of them. It probably won't matter if you want to get them, since you will get to see them in hammer. Here is the download for the textures:

http://www.box.net/shared/ym2p3d7ug0

PS: The program I used to create these textuers is called "Genetica." Fantastic program, I recommend it to all of you if you have not yet seen it.

(the topic should be in the texture forum, i guess)

anyway, the textures look organic, but somehow not that alien/real so it could be anything :) (consider that a good and a bad thing)

(the topic should be in the texture forum, i guess)

anyway, the textures look organic, but somehow not that alien/real so it could be anything :) (consider that a good and a bad thing)

Not necessarily, any "finished work" can be posted in this section (levels, models, textures..).

cool stuff, you can create some really stylish environments with this it seems :).

But how much of it is your work? They look straight out f a procedural texture generator, and could use some more artistic touch. A good photo overlay and some added detail painted on would make these so much better and real.

Thanks for the C&C. I'll take it into consideration.

Got my new computer today, so I'm in a halt with mapping and everything until I get the games installed and updated.

Every site I have released these textures at, people claim they remind them of Prey. I take that as a compliment too.

Well, Genetica has a rather..."lacking" choice of labs and cut&tile patterns, so some textures will look similar. I did, however, tinker with seeding, scaling, liquid effects, grit density, mortar width, and shading and everything. Took a bit to get these textures to look like they do. But, I admit that it is rather easy to make them. But at least I did all the work for you. :D