Sign in to follow this  
DD

Awwww SNAP! It's d3dm_lit BOYEE!

Railings in Doom 3 aren't patches, they're just standard blocks at a 45-degree angle and a texture/normal that plays dastardly tricks with your eyes.

uh, yes they are. open up one of the doom3 official maps and see for yourself. They are cylinder patch meshes.

I would take you up on your offer but it's 2am and because I've completed Doom 3 it's naturally in the bottom of a drawer somewhere covered in dust so I'll have to check tomorrow.

Edit: Alternatively I just browsed around Doom 3 World and it seems they use both, ehhhh.

Interesting that you are trying the whole Q3 style. You kinda pulled it off. Unfortunately other than gameplay wise I find most the Q3 A maps hightly boring (not all, most) in regards to design.

Your map seems rather empty and plain, there's not much too look at. The lighting is also quite blunt. That one area really does look like a skatepark heh, (ahh the memories of Tony Hawk 1 and 2).

Still not bad considering DOOM3 has only been out a short time and you're experienced enough to produce something to that calibre.

- Ewok