Upcoming map, jurassic park themed.

teeluu

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im telling you...put in some of the trademark jurassic park features....the 2 big doors when you enter....voltage meters for the fence....go watch the movie right now and copy EVERYTHING interesting about the park

once again, its a good idea.....it might even have gameplay value if you do it right

remember, no one likes someone who cant perform in bed

Actually i already made those 2 big doors last night. I have left all the Jurassic park stuff to add later but obviosly you want to get them to the map right now so i'm working on them atm.

To be honest I've always wanted to make a Jurassic Park Counter-Strike map. I'm glad that someone actually just decided to do it, I was always to lazy. It's looking like it has great potential, especially if it's 60%.

I would suggest darkening the lighting in the indoor areas some, to give it that atmostphere. Jurassic Park has crap loads of atmosphere. Maybe if it's possible to have some more dense areas of flora. Some areas don't really scream Jurassic Park to me, like the parking area, but I guess i'd have to play it. Some variation maybe, it feels like there's floor with trees randomly planted, try adding in some other things.

Oh and by the way, you're not making money of your map, so therefore they can't or should I say, you shouldn't worry about being sued.

Funny enough, I just came back from talking about the Jurassic Park.

i saw jurassic park like 3 times....first time in theaters when i was like 7.....every time i watch jurassic park with someone they NEVER remember the first 15 minutes of the movie where the guy gets eaten....its like its a different movie or some shit

Most people don't even realise Samuel Jackson's character has gone until that women gets friendly with his severed arm.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on a BETA??

Well, i think i got a little too excited doing it and walking to the jurassic park-gate takes a bit too long, i haven't been mapping for a while (i blame F1 Challenge 99-02) so not yet, maybe i'll add couple screenshots if i'm not too lazy to compile. Those shots would be much more jurassic park themed :roll:

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice looking map. The indoor areas definitely need some more contrast and such, maybe darken it a bunch and then strategically place lights for atmosphere. I liked how even in the day in the films, the insides of buildings were usually pretty dark and unfriendly looking. Gimmicks aren't necessary though, I agree there.

trespass_screen003.jpg