Sign in to follow this  
Theropod-X

DE_Museum coming to Source!

Sounds cool, I had a lot of fun on de_museum back in the old days. Was it not in one of the CSC mappacks or something?

Anyways as the others have said there is a huge quality difference between your two shots.

what hessi and ferret lack in reading skills they make up for in... :banjo:

actually no, but if your screenshots are so heavily WIP then why do you post them?

relax.. the point in posting wip is to get feedback and not bashing :P i think its got potential. it doesnt look too exciting atm, some textures look rather poor and lighting needs to be tweaked. but it certainly already catches that imposing historical museum look.

im curious if you are gonna texture the skeletons properly or if they are going to keep this generic texturing.

hope to see new screenshots soon :)

actually no, but if your screenshots are so heavily WIP then why do you post them?

Because this is the WiP section? ;o

He just wanted to show off his T-rex model, which looks good :)

I do hope what you said though, that he takes his time and make this a spotlight map :P

*edit*

arg didn't there was a page two

^^ what he said ;p

actually no, ...

wait what ... you r saying you "dont" have a huge banjo ? and you arent skilled with it ???

making that skeleton must have taken some time i made a t-rex skeleton once and my refs where really shitty so for me it seamed to take forever.

Omg! Hello Theropod! I loved the first version of de_museum. Had my best moment in it too, Like when i a guy was camping in the vent above and he evedently didnt know you could jump into the vent from the other side and i knifed him from behind, he was so scarred :D One of the best maps i ever waypointed! GL making it source and maybe now i get a star observation room?

Hey Spellbinder! Nice to hear from ya.

Yes, the vents are returning, and they are more treacherous than ever.

Also, there are two sniping windows that add some extra vertical fun to the map. I'm spending a LOT of time on the layout. I think the biggest weakness of the CS map was it just got bigger and bigger and there was a lot of space that wasn't useful from a tactical standpoint. This one is based on the first layout but much tighter with two main routes to the bomb sites and a couple of really fun secondary routes.

Here's a couple pics of the new sniper spots. Note that they cover a limited area (would be uncool to be able to snipe the bomb site) but they can see each other (one is on T side and the other CT).

de_museum740083small.jpg

de_museum740082small.jpg