Sign in to follow this  
von*ferret

Old School Finished Entries

Wow I just took a look actualy and admired the maps you guys made. You all did something amazing with limited technology and textures. Great job and be proud! I think this is the best map pack Mapcore has every put out, however I think its also the only one. Either way, its great. Nice job people.

I wont vote :( I would like to but since i dont have HL i cant playtest, and if i cant playtest i feel i cant vote. All maps looks really cool and you guys did a great job! Really wished i could play them, i will download the mappack and one day ill buy HL (again i have a copy bought once but i think my sisters son have it)

Of course!

I meant that all elements wich normally make sure there's sompetition are corrupted. :) In other words: the deadline has been delayed.

The setup was that everybody would have a certain amount of time and the competitive element was to create an as cool as possible dm level for Half-Life. In that time. If I where given a 2 months to create a dm level I would have come up with some whole other level. I would have added tons of extra details, thought it out much better (read: made the layout more complex and maybe even more fun) and made whole other decisions. Decisions that people who benefit from the extra time have the luxury to make.

But the bottomline is: LD is what this is all about. Not the contest. Not the deadline. So I dare to say: let all maps be finnished, make it a mappack and lets all enjoy it!

Hope that's clear to you.

Haha, your map just looks like the suck :cool::-D

I said that my map is not for contest becose I was making map with r_speeds < 600 so it doesn't look good :) remove it please :P

slim z's map is not in the poll.......

killertomato's map pack is CSTRIKE/ instead of HALF-LIFE/ and he didn't post twiz's map.

Ok guys, I've corrected the filestructure now (wich is VALVE/ btw) and I've added Twiz' map. The file in question has been overwritten so the downloadlink in the first post is still valid. :) Hhaha, I played counterstrike that evening for the first time in decades. Must have made quite an impression! :P

Oh, and thanks for your constructive presence, barracuda. Can someone conduct this retard back to EOT? :(

I also now see that, allthough they didn't gave me errors (neither in hammer or in the compilelog), the rocks have lots of faces that don't show up! :o

Ahh well.. :)

Mino's is lovely, especially with 'oh hello internets~', but Erratic's just pips victory for me. Very clean geometry, texturing and lighting, but without being boring.

Seriously guys, all the entries were good and reminded me of why HL was so fantastic back in the day (and still can tug the gaming heart-strings).

10 Mappers! :mad: Although mine isn't in the contest

yay, Finnaly, I've played all the maps.

Oldmen:

This map is very small, but has a lot of room's and corridor's that join in the most different way's. A Very fast deathmatch style and with relly good r_speed's. In this mapa, I coulden't find the Gauss or even E-gon, Id on't know if this is good because they are very powerfull weapon and they could make the gameplay very different (I can't say if it would be better, need's many people to play it!). I think you could Improve it by making some changes in lighting, like, maximize the contrast ( -gamma 0.9, -bounce 0 -dscale 1, but that last could change your map in a radical way...) and put somo darker areas.

Simple but Great map :D

Flashback:

Good Lightting specialy in the room of the Crossbow!, this room was very phantasmagoric! This map has a good shape too, but the r_speed's were way too high. I think that in this case the vis was compiled in -fast mode, even looking at a wall i got 1500wpoly...

The weapon placement wasen't so good, the Egon and Gauss are really easy to get. Why not putting a trap there? or something that make harder to get it? And, finnaly, in the outside part you can go off the map using gauss, just clip it! and at one of the sides you can see many rock's that's should be NULLed.

Dm_hookup

This rock is really well made, a great brushwork! The r_speed's are very high, but I Suspect that the VIS was compiled using -fast parameter's, just like the Erratic Map!

Very beautifull places but the curved (I don't remenber the name, but it maked with the Masked texture called TENSION) is really annoyng because it has a LOT of faces! This is not hl2 man... but that's ok if the r_speed's don't come across 1000wpoly in normal VIS.

And, one more thing: The gauss was placed quite well, beacause it's in the middle of a big room (so you can be spoted from many way's while tryng to get it), The Egon was very good, but in that room, where we have two big Pipes, you can actualy get above than just using the Gauss! so, place something thre, like Snarks/Satchel, Medkits and Battery's!

Dm_rocked

It's a Arena like map! Yea, very differen't but with really high r_speed's this isen't good because there will be many player's in the same room with this r_speed :D

Ok, those Moving Boxes are really Noise man! it's crazy, you should turn down the volume or try a better sound for than. You should too give an Rumble sound comming form the rocket, it should be good. Make sure to put some clips beacuse I could get off the map using Gauss, or try to put something good there like gody's~~

I Would suggest too make better teleporte's, some special effect's like sounds would be nice. The item Placement Could be better in some places too. Try putting some Snark's and that should be very Fun for who is down there!

Hestia

Really Beautifull map! some hl2 like lighting (those spotlight's~~) and great Brush / Texture use!

But those 3kwpoly aren't that nice for this map... You could really have maked it quite the same just by having an average of 1,5wpoly even the Windows Have a lot of Brushe's

I Liked that car passing over and over.. and over.... and he never stop passing there!! hahha that's was fun trough.

The map Gameplay was cool man. and dont' forgot to rename your map to hestia or rename the pack/title here to dm_hestia, it can make some trouble while trying to load the map.

Dm_avon

That Blue night Lightng was freaking cool! the level was well desingned and the r_speed's keeped in mind! You could do some changes in weapon placement, the Egon wasen't that good but thos Closing door's where you can get the Rocket and the Gauss was a really Great idea! But don't orget: The Gauss door diden't closed automaticaly and you can activate the button from inside this room (a bug froom hl where you can press button's from the other side...) . You could put that Egon inside the house of the 3rd shot and make something cool to get it!, and, at the roof of the train you could put some Snark's/Grenades/Satchel's.

Yea, that's it. and the Easter is very cool.

Hazlab

A very Differen't map: In one moment you are in room's that remenber the high tech hl places and in another, you are playing Quake! Woha, that's not bad :D

But those Dynamic Lights Killed my Voodoo. like, 40 light's with the Candle Animation? please, turn it off! This lightmap "animation" is very hard vissible and you could get some really nice inprovement in the map. The Sprite Isen't that ok, there is a trick to Lock one of the axis of it using the Env_beam entity, it's very easy man.

You could also swap the trigger_hurt thing in the gauss room: Make it harder to get the Gauss, not the ammo!

Oh, and in that room, where we get an projector like thing you could put the mapcore logo using Additive at the place where the light comes out!

Kabelen

Very confusing for the first time, but those trigger_push thing's(simulating a wall hack, hua~~) where very cool. and the Reverse Cascade was very annoyng (but cool).

Please! Put something that warm's the player that there is a portal in those places, like, you fall from one floor to another and PAM, you are at a tottaly different place.. Something like sprites, Special Effects Brushes (Additive, Flickering with a good like portal textura), adn Sound's

The r_speed's where a little High (1,5k in some places) you could try to raise it man! The Weapon's placement where a kind Random and a LOT of Gauss lyng anywhere. This could make an intersting gameplay for your map, but, again, only testing it with a lot of people...

Great map trough.

dm_itsnotabigtruck

Hua, that's name is too confusing man. Try something more compatc~~

Ok, the Design of the map is Reallty differen'tYou have the Engine Basement , The Big Engine Room, The "reccpeiton " Room and the Control part. All mixed up with an Freaking sci-fi Brushwork, but the Texture is really bad in some parts, too bad, it could improve by a lot the map.

The lighting is ok for some parts, but if you used more small light's/spotlight's insted of high intensity ones you could improve it a lot.

Ok, the r_speed is astronomic but you said you coulden't compile without VIS, but there is something VIS HATES: Cylindrical Shapes with a LOT of faces. Man, this is not a Hl2 map! you could improve the performance of the compiler tool's just by making simplier cylindrer's and shapes (even clipnodes problem would go away with this!)

the item placement isen't that bad, but one of the gauss is very simple to get and there is no egon (or i dinden't find it). You could compensate player's that go trough very hard patchs with something good, like the egon. And don't forget: The gauss can leave you trough many places....

I would sugest for everybody improve their maps to the max and them we can launch the mapcore mapmapck!

And My English is not that good ;D

Sign in to follow this