D3ads

It's alive... alive!!!

Does anyone care anymore?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does anyone care anymore?

• Hell yeah, come get some baby!
    • Well if they finish it I might care
    • Not bothered at all
    • You mean you think Duke Nukem Forever is actually real? AHAHAHA!!!

Hahaha. :D

The thing is, that trailer released in 2001 or whatever was really awesome and got me so pumped up for it, especially with Duke being a childhood classic of mine and it starting with the old footage. I hope they do a similarly amazing trailer to get people wet, even if it'll be a bit deja vu!

Ah yes, here's the baby - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUAy8hQ3zWM

The game does have the potential to be absolutely superb, even if as nothing more than mindless action and puzzles like Duke 3D. It's a shame the massive development time hangs over it though as the current version has probably only been in production for a few years (almost all previous assets I'd imagine would have been rendered obsolete long ago) and people are probably expecting some giant game that's been in development for a decade. :oops:

I wish they would just get over it and officially cancel it. These posts and so called "in game screenshots" that get the fanboys at shacknews and where else all excited is downright ridiculous. No offense, in 2001 that trailer was cool, but today I couldn't care less anymore.

This whole thing looks more like a desperate attempt to get possible new employees interested in the project, I don't mind being proven wrong though.

It must be really goddamn annoying to work on that game.

Imagine hearing this conversation every two years:

"Sorry, Steve, but we're going to have to can every section you worked on for the last two years and start over with next gen techniques."

Two years pass.

"Sorry, Steve, but we're going to have to can every section you worked on for the last two years and start over with next gen techniques."

Two years pass.

Two years pass.

... :oops:

I wonder how many iterations of the game's models they've been through? :D "Here's the shotgun version 3854c., boss"

The thing is, that trailer released in 2001 or whatever was really awesome and got me so pumped up for it, especially with Duke being a childhood classic of mine and it starting with the old footage. I hope they do a similarly amazing trailer to get people wet, even if it'll be a bit deja vu!

The game does have the potential to be absolutely superb, even if as nothing more than mindless action and puzzles like Duke 3D. It's a shame the massive development time hangs over it though as the current version has probably only been in production for a few years (almost all previous assets I'd imagine would have been rendered obsolete long ago) and people are probably expecting some giant game that's been in development for a decade. :oops:

Sorry for dbl post but why the fuck didn't they release DNF? The way they showed that trailer made it look like the game was done? And it looked awesome. Man, retarded.

Sorry for dbl post but why the fuck didn't they release DNF? The way they showed that trailer made it look like the game was done? And it looked awesome. Man, retarded.

Shitty shitty management.