crackdown demo

Lee3dee

Been playing the crackdown demo for about an hour, demo timer finally kicked in.

I watched some of the videos online, and they kind of impressed me. I have to say, i may end up buy it, it was pretty fun. Its like GTA, except you can skill up, jump from building to building, throw and kick cars around. Graphics seem fairly styalized.

Whats everyone else's thoughts?

Thought about making a thread about it. Played Co-op with a dude from work, had a blast with it. Amazing fun to pick up a shitload of agility boosters and just jump all over the place. Donno about those missions but I guess its cool as distractions to just jump around ;D. Also it looks fucking awesome, really stunning execution of that style, even though it might've been a bit random :)

Definitely the game I'm looking most forward to at the moment, even though I originally slacked it off as just being another GTA clone which tried to be special with its cell-shaded look.

really stunning execution of that style.

The screenshots i've seen make the game look awkward for some reason but everything really has a nice feel to it. I was actually surprised that it plays well too, I wasn't expecting it. Just jumping from rooftops is like a fun little game in itself.

Me and some mates had a play around with the demo and it was a fair old laugh. I'll almost certainly buy it seeing as its by another Scottish developer, and one I almost applied for a job at :) I normally don't go in for the sandbox style games - I got GTA:LCS on the PSP and played it for about an hour before I thought "this sucks" and put it back on the pile - but Crackdown for some reason holds much more appeal than the GTA games. The driving physics seemed more enjoyable than in other similar games too, which I commend them for.

My main worry is about the relentless nature of the action. You drive out the hub area and immediately there are dozens of criminals shooting at you, and it never lets up. It didn't feel to me like I was a cop driving into gangland territory in a city - it felt like a tank driving into an enemy base during war time. I hope that the full game feels less hectic. I was just hoping to enjoy jumping around the environment exploring, but wherever I was there was ALWAYS bullets whizing by my head.

played the demo....

i actually like the art style. Something about it just feels good...but maybe because I felt the driving controls were my tempo.

the "story"/backdrop...eh...we'll see. i do agree that the constant shooting in the city around all the civies was a little odd. if i am in a city with civilian NPCs around and it is not a time of war (like WWII or something) then I kind of like the fact that there is some exploring/adventure aspect where you don't have to shoot 100% of the time.

still, demo was fun.