MumboJumbo aquires Ritual Entertainment?

zaphod

Oh noes! Does that mean Levelord will be up for grabs!?!?

Who gives a fuck. Levelord has made any relevant or exciting in over a decade. If there was suddenly a need for Quake DM maps, he'd be on top of it, but otherwise, he's just sorta useless. The only people that give a damn about him are goons at Shacknews who don't know their assholes form their elbows.

Other way around. People left, thus those that remained were forced to make flash games.

How many (if any) came to Gearbox? Also I do think that they knew about it for a while...at least a few months in advance and that's when all the LDs started looking around.

A few are at GBX now. And, yes, this has been in the wind for a while down here in Dallas. I didn't see a buy out from MumboJumbo, but everybody that has had even cursory interactions with Ritual over the last year knew the ship was going down. Sin Ep 1 bombed to a spectacular degree. I can't fault Ritual for trying out a new distribution method, but when you put all your money down on one bet, you better make damn sure you've got a good hand.

Thus is the life in the Dallas developer scene. Id hasn't done anything worthwhile in years, shipped out its major titles to other companies to make, and got its ass handed to them by Epic in the engine market. Ritual is making flash games. 3DRealms is a band lunch away from a full on meltdown. It's a good time to work at GBX or Ensemble, though. (We're hiring, btw, check out the professional recruitment forum.)

Who gives a fuck. Levelord has made any relevant or exciting in over a decade. If there was suddenly a need for Quake DM maps, he'd be on top of it, but otherwise, he's just sorta useless. The only people that give a damn about him are goons at Shacknews who don't know their assholes form their elbows.

I was actually joking, but okay :)

QFT.

Mumbojumbo :cry: