Neversoft to take over Guitar Hero franchise !?

FrieChamp

From Shacknews:

In its February issue, Electronic Gaming Monthly printed a rumor that development of Harmonix's Guitar Hero franchise would be switching from the now MTV-owned developer to an Activision studio; the wording of the report suggested that the dev house in question might be Tony Hawk's Pro Skater creator Neverosft. Having purchased publisher RedOctane last year, Activision now owns the rights to the Guitar Hero brand, and has indicated that the best selling music game would be heading to all major new console platforms.

Now, Neversoft's official site has been updated, with its splash screen split down the middle between a Guitar Hero image and a Tony Hawk's Project 8 image. Both images contain text reading "Positions Available."

While most of the 14 listed job positions are either general in nature or seem specific to the Tony Hawk franchise, there is one notable exception: a listing for a note tracker. "Neversoft Entertainment is currently seeking individuals experienced with MIDI sequencing to create MIDI note maps for a music game," reads the description. "Note Trackers will be working under the direction of the Design Lead to create gem layouts corresponding to their respective guitar and bass tracks."

It seems likely that, with this new arrangement, Harmonix could be freed up to start working on new projects. Prior to Guitar Hero, Harmonix developed several Karaoke Revolution games for Konami as well as the critically acclaimed Frequency and Amplitude for Sony.

http://www.neversoft.com/

Neversoft just became even cooler :banjo:

Let's hope they don't fuck it up.

As long as they keep doing good music and a lot of old 70s rock - Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, etc, then I can see no harm. But if it turns into crap rock, or a lot of bad music you find on racing and sports games then :mad: I mean the core engine is there so its not to hard to keep adding more and more music.

Makes me wonder though what they can do for the GH3 to make people buy it (for the 360), when they could just do the DLC. Of course they could just not release those songs as DLC, but you catch more flies with honey, or is that bears

As long as they keep doing good music and a lot of old 70s rock - Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, etc, then I can see no harm. But if it turns into crap rock, or a lot of bad music you find on racing and sports games then :mad: I mean the core engine is there so its not to hard to keep adding more and more music.

Makes me wonder though what they can do for the GH3 to make people buy it (for the 360), when they could just do the DLC. Of course they could just not release those songs as DLC, but you catch more flies with honey, or is that bears

Meh, I like the punk rock stuff :cool:

What is "DLC" ?

I guess the question is what Harmonix is working on now! If they or any other developer is not working on a drums game for the Wii right now - consider me disappointed!