Sign in to follow this  
Furyo

STALKER release date and countdown

its delayed again

from when to when? I'm hearing the March 21 release date is pretty solid. Are you hearing different?

yeah.. source?

The Interweb!

its delayed again

from when to when? I'm hearing the March 21 release date is pretty solid. Are you hearing different?

yeah.. source?

The Interweb!

Once again I have been served....or not. Really, just curious where you are hearing that the March 21 date is b.s. cause THQ doesn't seem to be saying that.

Trust me, in all the histories of the delays THQ has never posted an actual release date (down to the exact day) until now. And further, while THQ has pushed the Stalker release date out about 20 times they never did it inside of 2.5 months of the proposed release window....it was always 5 or 6 months ahead of time at the shortest...usually like 9 or 10 months.

Finally, March 21 is the last practical release date that still fits in the THQ 2007 Fiscal Year which ends March 31. I would be shocked if they let it slip outside the FY end again after all the product has come so far. If gaming press is saying they've played beta builds and it feels done (like a month or more ago) then there is no reason for THQ to push it into their next fiscal year.

Yet still, proof will be ifI get my free copy in March or not. (They owe me!)

cant be bothered buying it anymore. i expect a low rating. if id be proved wrong and it gets a great rating i might give it a chance tho

It could be utterly superb, with the best characteristic being the immense freedom. Or it could be a broken mess.

I really, really, really hope it's the former.

Can anyone here from Europe confirm the level of Stalker buzz in your country?

Stalker is #1 on the Top 20 Wanted list by gamestar.de (popular games website by the most read German games mag Gamestar).

A hands on. Eurogamer really seem to like it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72636

"Is it actually going to be any good? Thankfully, the answer seems to be a resounding "yes". In fact, lets make that a "YES", with capital letters and everything. With only a month and change before release, it's looking really good".

Man I haven't been this excited by a game's release for years, not even HL2 had me this interested. I only hope there's some money in my bank when it comes out :P

I dunno about where you live but the gamers and retailers in this town are so ignorant that it either won't be in the shops, or there'll be some copies left for me when I get down there :P