Sign in to follow this  
Izuno

2006 Game of the Year

pc: hitman blood money. even though it had some flaws it was a blast to play! where is the next one?! mazy?

360: probably gears but i havent played cod3 yet. when i saw it it looked pretty awesome though.

ps2: bully!

360: Gears of War

Wii: Wii Sports (Boring I know, but its the one I've played the most :))

PS2: Shadow of the Colossus (was 06 for Europe)

PSP: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

DS: Animal Crossing: Wild World

PC: Company of Heroes

Its touching to see Blood Money on so many lists btw ;)

360: Viva Pi帽ata(Hey, I don't have GOW yet D: )

PC RPG: Oblivion

PC PnP RPG: Neverwinter Nights 2

PC RTS: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

PC Adventure: Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

DS: Animal Crossing: Wild World (And I don't even have a DS :D )

PC: Company of Heroes

360: Gears of War

PS2: Shadow of the Colossus

DS: Pheonix Wright

Blood Money gets an honourable mention on all the major platforms for being superb. Mazzle dazzles.

360: probably gears but i havent played cod3 yet. when i saw it it looked pretty awesome though.

It's definitely a good game, but I don't think it's quite up to IW's standards - guys get hung up in doorways, loop run animations into walls on occasion, and while the technology looks decent enough for being upgraded big red one tech as opposed to working from cod2, the art just seems a lot more muddled in most places compared to the much more crisp work of COD2.

Actually, unlike pretty much everybody else, I enjoyed COD3 a lot more than COD2. It just felt more tight in the gameplay (good kinda tight), and I kinda liked its visuals. COD2 is still a solid shooter, but 3 just kinda clicked with me :)

Pretty weird ;)

xbox360: r6 vegas.. yeh i know voting for your own game doesnt count, bah! anyway gears is tight its awsome, graphics are ace..and it got an awsome universe, we somewhat ended up in the shadow.. but i dont think we're the lesser game that much ;P

ps3:.. yeh uhm.. aint out in europe yet .. only like 10? americans have it? i could say resistance ( i tried it abit AI is horrible but the game feels smooth) but its to easy... since theres like 0 competition.

ps2: god i wish i brought it down here with me.. theres some great titles i missed this 1,5 year got some catching up to do. for me bully, shadow of the collosus, god of war ( only played a tiny bit at a friends so far)

DS: aha! got this one!! yay i so gotta pick up FF3 i've been meaning to but gf, bf2, new mouse etc got in the way. is it only me? i found the big N really lacking this year when it came to the DS lots of weird asian titles, cheap and easy to creat, couple of easy mario titles i found the Ds titles this year to be really disapointing.. high hopes for next years zelda though.. i loved minis cap.. its hard to pick a game of the year for this one.. guess i would go for FF3 even though i dont have it..

PC: oh boy fall was disapointing.. lots of great promising titles got pushed back till 2007.. though from my point of view Valve took this one home.. sure episode 1 was a short game.. sure it used alot of pre exsisting models textures and what not .. but the interaction was like never seen before. alex was about as real as it gets in modern games.. her interaction was amazing with Dog.. he had so much emotion with only one eye and a junk body. i remeber how much things we cut because making AI interact was hard to do. while in episode one we see alex leaning against dog, touching him, trowing us.. etc. the joke in the dark or crawling up the wrong vent never gets old. yup hl2:1 all the way for me.

psp: killzone.. comon their dutch like me, cant be anything but proud of what they created.

anyways a few titles aside i found 2006 to be the year of alot of promises and litle result.. titles pushed back and big names going down in shame.. maybe its the coming of "next gen" a meaningless word that turns on all the hotshots at the big companies.. maybe its because of all the new console dropping on the market.. but interms of what matters the software 2006 has been prety dull.. I truly hope 2007 will bring some inovating titles, fresh new titles, great new versions of long lasting licenses

oh and :] ofcourse happy holidays!!!!!

PC: psychonauts runner up hitman blood money

ps2: god of war runner up shadow of the colossus

wii: zelda i guess the only game i have played yet :D

Prey: I'm easily pleased it seems :P Or it might have something to do with having not played Condemned or HL:E1 D:!

Episode 1 was boring, a complete waste of money. It started out ok, and then deteriarated into the same repetetive gameplay.