de_wanda by warby ... final release !

Warby

lazy, i disagree with you. soundsscapes are well done. you even here a coin when looking through one of those lenses.

and your crappy fps: get a new pc. if we would still work on 300mhz work stations like 7 years ago, you wouldnt even have game physics at all.

thanks.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8O

Orgasmic.

Edit: Now that Ive closed my mouth, I think the trees arent nearly up to par with the rest of the map :P Also there are some major performance issues as stated earlier in the thread. My 3ghz, Geforce7800 equipped computer runs at an average of 30fps.

I admire the overall hard work that obviously went into the map but in the end I think it's a little disconnected, like it can't decide what it wants to be. Or at least, I'm confused at what it should be :-D

But again, the individual pieces are all very well done, I just think it could have used a more focused direction.

lazy, i disagree with you. soundsscapes are well done. you even here a coin when looking through one of those lenses.

and your crappy fps: get a new pc. if we would still work on 300mhz work stations like 7 years ago, you wouldnt even have game physics at all.

thanks.

You are again the only one that just cant handle with crititcs.

Every medal has a turning point u know? My system is not

high but good standard. If you only create maps for high ender

you are absolutely wrong in the job.

I stand my place: the soundscapes are shit because they almost

dont exist.

unfortunatly the hl compilers only allow for a maximum of 4095 entitys at 4096 it will crash i had to make big sacrafices/cuts in order to have any sounds in this level at all ^^

but i dont concider myself a big audio guy anyway :)

thanks.

You are again the only one that just cant handle with crititcs.

Every medal has a turning point u know? My system is not

high but good standard. If you only create maps for high ender

you are absolutely wrong in the job.

I stand my place: the soundscapes are shit because they almost

dont exist.

it"s not that i wouldnt accept critics, but i don"t accept critics that are not well justified.

if you want to add a good piece to your portfolio you might want to show it for the next 2 or 3 years without being ashame of it. though the fps is not that bad. i can play with around 30 fps on my 2 years old computer.

don't get your problem. maybe you should realise that games do not run in 100 fps all time. this isn't hl1.

don't get your problem. maybe you should realise that games do not run in 100 fps all time. this isn't hl1.

It's all about multiplaying and cs:s is the most successful

multiplayer game. The players dont ONLY want a good

look. They want it fluently to run with none of that problems.

Why is de_dust2 successful? Not because the crappy look

but because of the good gameplay and high fps count.

Look what the customer desires if you want your map to

be played all over the servers and maybe the leagues.

then dont download the map?! seriously: don't play it if you don't like its fps rates. flaming this map because of its hardware needs is like calling a chinese teacher stupid because you don't speak his language that fluently.

you can play yur default maps all day. go get your 200fps.

for further discussion you could contact me via icq, irc or any other way.

is it just me or does lazy not actualy care about the map and the sounds at all ... and is actualy just here to fight with hessi probably becasue he envys him ^^

i posted an explanaiton/apology for the lack of a high quality sound and all i see is quotes from hessi and my comment gets comepltly ignored.

dont get me wrong i just dont want any fights :)

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Maginot [Wingman]
      Hello everybody!
      I'm creating a map (based on the Maginot Line) for the Wingman's Contest - provided by Source Engine's Discord.

I started the map 3 weeks ago and I'm on the detailing phase, slowly progreeding area by area, worried with the time left. I decided to follow this strategy: detail 75% of every area and after that (and gaining some time) I'd put some final touches + polishment + optimization.  

I wonder, should I keep doing it in a hurry or is it better to make it with no rush and patience (losing the deadline)? There's still a lot to do and I'd like to hear your opinions...
      • 26 replies