U.S. PS3 Pre Orders

Izuno

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is that a lof of the banking and market research firms covering the video game industry are still betting that Sony will "win" this generation of the console war as they did with PS1 and PS2, where "win" means "sell the most." Their main point is that the ridiculous power of the Sony brand (worldwide especially) is going to give the PS3 a huge advantage regardless of pricepoint or launch line up or lack of exclusive GTA IV. But also from within this branding arguement we must note that this launch will be rockier than PS2, mainly because X360 is in a lot better shape than the Sega Dreamcast was relative to the PS2 for also having launched ahead of time against a Sony console.

Can't wait to get a Wii.

The funny thing is that a lof of the banking and market research firms covering the video game industry are still betting that Sony will "win" this generation of the console war as they did with PS1 and PS2, where "win" means "sell the most." Their main point is that the ridiculous power of the Sony brand (worldwide especially) is going to give the PS3 a huge advantage regardless of pricepoint or launch line up or lack of exclusive GTA IV. But also from within this branding arguement we must note that this launch will be rockier than PS2, mainly because X360 is in a lot better shape than the Sega Dreamcast was relative to the PS2 for also having launched ahead of time against a Sony console.

Can't wait to get a Wii.

Well I think at this point it simply comes down to the fact that Sony knows they can get this much money off of stupid fanboys, so they're going to charge $700 a pop. When bluray costs come down, so will the PS3, and they'll start taking market share. The real question is how well the 360 and the Wii can claim market share in the meantime.

Well I think at this point it simply comes down to the fact that Sony knows they can get this much money off of stupid fanboys, so they're going to charge $700 a pop. When bluray costs come down, so will the PS3, and they'll start taking market share. The real question is how well the 360 and the Wii can claim market share in the meantime.

Yep.

To exactly your point, I got my PS2 in May 2002, not at console launch in Oct 2000. But damn I defintely liked the PS2 back in the day.