devshot cameras

hessi

source engine:

I recently tried to make use of the devshot system to archive the development history of a map project I am currently working on. Somehow there was no documentation in the sdk wiki and using search engines like google or internet communities didn't help to find any more information than the "help" console command gives.

I copy pasted some of the point_devshot_cameras from sdk_dod_flash.vmf to just "rip" it of but using the devshots_screenshot command doesn't return the screenshots the cameras should give me. All that happens is a tga-screenshot of my current screen. There is no screenshot of any of the devcams.

If there is a command to switch cameras or a working batch command for those point_devshot_cameras this would really help me out.

This isn't the answer you're looking for, but one way to have it work would be using point_viewcontrol entities anywhere you want, which replace the origin view at the start of the game (when accessing the menus in CSS/DODS for example), and you may be able to take clear screenies of those (meaning without the menus showing on top)

Of course you can use multiple said entities at once, they'll just show up one after the other until you've selected your class