Bad day for Ubi Soft

FrieChamp

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news :(

On the topic of the actual games - not much in the way of surprises really. I had assumed Assassin's Creed was the spiritual successor to PoP since it was meant to be a trilogy, so it is a surprise to see a new one up there, but everything else was pretty much expected. I'm UBER sceptical about the Lost game - heard mention of it the other day and I really wish they'd just leave it be as a great TV series. I think there's a lot of potential in a game using a similar scenario to Lost. I think there's zero potential in a game based on Lost.

its not a marketing stunt, that much i can tell you :roll:

You wouldn't believe how many people think it is. Never really suspected this myself though, sucks for you guys :(

Actually I do believe you.... but it doesn't really surprise me cause people always say MARKETING STUNT everytime something like this happens.

Oh well. sucks. :-|

EEK! Bummer for Ubi :G

None of those surprise me though, apart from Prince of Persia 4, I thought they said it would only be a trilogy :o

yes seeing pop 4 on that list and later today the concept art really made me happy =)

i totaly buy into the marketing stunt theory and i could totaly see the people deciding on it not to tell their employees and te legal department ^^ becasue i dont see how this could possibly hurt any kind of sells i was allready thinkign stuff like " iam becoming a franchise whore maybe i should stop buying splinter cell games but than i saw that concept art today and said to myself "fuck that i MUST have this game ^^ "

:banjo: (bajo smiley will get a copy too he said)

EEK! Bummer for Ubi :G

None of those surprise me though, apart from Prince of Persia 4, I thought they said it would only be a trilogy :o

Doesnt surprise me one bit.. It totally set it up for another sequel at the end of the 3rd one.

Either this sucks or it is meant to look like this sucks and all these games get some press and hype and whatnot.

Seems like a win-win for us out here anyway. Surely wont hurt Ubisoft I think.