Jump to content

To long compile times


Dodger

Recommended Posts

Loading c:\program\valve\steam\steamapps\ambix32@hotmail.com\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\error free backed up file\_001.bsp

19812 faces

4 degenerate faces

1687613 square feet [243016352.00 square inches]

72 displacements

363547 square feet [52350808.00 square inches]

19808 patches before subdivision

157527 patches after subdivision

57 direct lights

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...100...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10transfers 59086718, max 4761

transfer lists: 450.8 megs

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 Bounce #1 added RGB(-1, -1, -1) (7)..

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 Bounce #2 added RGB(-1, -1, -1) (300)...

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 Bounce #3 added RGB(-1, -1, -1) (420)..

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 Bounce #4 added RGB(-1, -1, -1)

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 Bounce #5 added RGB(-1, -1, -1)

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 Bounce #6 added RGB(-1, -1, -1)

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 Bounce #7 added RGB(-1, -1, -1)

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 Bounce #8 added RGB(-1, -1, -1)

Allright. I don't understand why i get to long compile time when my map is compiling. Before it didnt happened so but now it's really a tragedy for me.

Every bounce takes about 300 seconds to get passed by to complete

Before it only took like 7 seconds for each one of them to get done..

Why have this changed? I did one thing that made it weird it was when i changed the skybox to another one from the current one in the skybox field.. after that it started to compile hours for my computer..

I don't know what i can do, do i need to reinstall my steam sdk or do i need something smarter then that? please help me, it's like all my time on this damn map man.

0...1...2...3...4...5..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Changing the skybox (as in the name in the map properties field) shouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

Either something in your map has changed (eg. used higher resolution lightmaps, you have a leak, etc...), something in your compile settings has changed (eg. you previously used -noextra, or you added -final or -softsun or something), or something in your computer has changed (eg. running too many background programs, removing RAM, CPU speed throttled due to overheating, etc...).

I'd wager you have a leak, therefore none of your backfaces are culled, and so you've got a whole load more faces to start generating lightmaps for. If you definately don't have a leak, post your compile settings for us to check.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You've probably got some vis issues or messy brushwork. I noticed you've got degenerate faces, too. This can happen when you have too many brushes bordering one another. E.g. I made a map with a load of stairs in it so the FF programmers could tweak the smoothing code when going up/down stairs. I had to put nodraw on the underside of the stairs (it was a ramp with the stairs sitting on top as func_details) to get it to compile...

When getting strange errors and long compile times, it's generally always a good idea to examine your geometry etc and the way bsp is hacking up the map.

Check it out in glview for example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mapcore Supporters

    Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.

×
×
  • Create New...