PK01 - Quake IV / Source Texture Set

PhilipK

Very nice tex altho theme wise it could have been a little more original. Little point in using custom textures if it will make your map still look like the retail maps. But the tex itself are nice :)

Possible port them to some other games too, games where these kind of textures are more special instead of the standard :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx.

Yeah that's what I felt too kinda, the shapes aren't very unique :P

I have some pretty cool ideas for a new set tho which could be a lot more special. But I'm still not sure. Wanna make something with a looot of self illuminated spots and try to get something more organic into it as well. Plus a lot of fun shapes. Just as far from symetrical stuff as possible :)

I plan to port to a source version as well asap.

I could do that tonight actually :)

Here you go, a Source port (everything should work as I tested it, but it's late and I might have missed something):

http://philipk.net/texture/quake4_set/pk01_source.zip

Also remember, the textures would probably look best in strong spot lighted maps with a lot of contrast in light to bring most out of the normals which source doesn't do superwell otherwise :)

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.