Conan jokes about plane crash hours after plane crashes.....

MrH2o

.....that's the news on a swedish newssite, people in US thought it was inaproapriate so I decided to take a look for myself and found the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsUeDF4Hvpc

That intro are very well done so I don't see how they should trash it hours before the Emmy should air, It's not like you make a intro like that in 2 hours.

I know that the news overrate things but it said Conan had some critisism over in US (like he had power over the show) so I just wonder if it's true?

I understand why some people would be offended. It's a 50/50 call on whether they should have changed it. It's not as though you've got the time to reshoot the opening, but they could have started it with Conan walking out of the water and still achieved the joke. It's a tough call. They probably should have at least given the heads up to the affiliates in Kentucky so they could run commercials over it or something.

I know that the news overrate things but it said Conan had some critisism over in US (like he had power over the show) so I just wonder if it's true?

There was criticism, but it was as big as the Janet Jackson Super Bowl spectacle 3 years ago. Conan wasn't the director of the show, just the host, so any blame should really be directed to the director of the show and not Conan.

I understand why some people would be offended. It's a 50/50 call on whether they should have changed it. It's not as though you've got the time to reshoot the opening, but they could have started it with Conan walking out of the water and still achieved the joke. It's a tough call. They probably should have at least given the heads up to the affiliates in Kentucky so they could run commercials over it or something.

Agree, the clip was about a show adn not filmed that day due to the plane crash since they thought it would be funny. They could have maybe editted it, but it was more a judgement call on the producer and director's part, and probably some network execs as well.

..on a plane.

Funny. They clearly just spoofed Lost, or then i understood it wrong. It was clearly just a joke, sad coincidence with the plane crash. This was (of course) done much earlier than the accident happened so there's no reason to ruin intro where they've put some effort on. There's even Airplane movies (which are great btw.), if you can't understand a joke like that, it's your own problem.

I understand the victims' relatives reaction for this tho.