Sign in to follow this  
Polaris

CSS custom map play

What are the custom CSS maps that get the most play? And no I don't mean iceworld maps or awp_sniperzbox_1337version_lol_final or shit like that, I mean maps like de_Course or de_Strata

Its kinda irrelevant what the map cycles are, just like you can see that dust and dust2 are the most favorite maps by glancing at the server list at any given moment

I love custom maps, but not many get played. Go on to a server, and it is usually dust and dust 2. Some of the more popular maps I have seen are de_villa, de_russka, de_lost temple, de_clan fire and mill, and de_contra. All of which do not empty servers when they come on, play really well, and have great frame rates. Contra looks a bit unfinished though.

There is no CSS equivalent for the otherwise excellent DoD:S page Furyo linked to.

As the others said, you can however very easily by yourself go into CS and just search for servers. Sort by map and then just look for the popular and custom maps there.

Meotwister - not a big fan of it myself, but I can definitely see why people like it. Same as de_cpl_strike. I can see why it is played, but I can't seem to get into it.

In no particular order, I would say that these are all worth a look.

Hostage maps: cs_china, cs_xmas, cs_miami, cs_docks, cs_docks2, cs_haste, and cs_thunder2006.

Bomb maps: de_clan_mill, de_clan_fire, de_russka, de_villa, de_cpl_strike, de_losttemple, de_lochs 2, de_venice, de_corse, de_rotterdam, de_bahrain2006, de_trading, de_static, de_nightfever, and de_menace. People also like de_matrix, which is bit different to normal bomb maps, but definitely worth a ldownload. Some great entity work.

Lots more I will add when I remember them.

probablly de_cpl series (mill, fire and strike) since those are oficial tournment maps, and cs players think they are better then other costum maps, even tough they play really bad..