Laptops

Johnny

I need to get a laptop, and I've never bought a laptop before, so anyone got any ideas of whats good and whats not? This is for school, not for gaming keep in mind. Im open to anything, I don't care if its an apple or anything, I just need to be led into the right direction :cool:

Well, as far as laptops go the best Apple right now is the Macbook Pro, which seems to have some pretty serious hardware. You can also dual boot Windows on it if you want do some games. Applications probably aren't a problem since a lot of stuff seems to have popped up for OS X in the past couple of years, though you'd probably better check your vitals have either a port or an alternative.

As for PCs, no idea. Dells are what everyone generally gets last time I checked. No need to elaborate on the OS. :))

If you're just using it for school, I suggest with just the straight MacBook (not the Pro). It's small, rugged, has tons of built in apps, and is one of the easiest things to use on wifi networks.

This is exactly what I'm doing for school, getting it tomorrow. Buying 2GB of RAM and hooking up an external 320GB HD for home-use. Should be awesome, can't wait.

You'll want more than 512MB to run many programs on OSX.

dude i got a dell 8)

macs were a little too expensive :sad:

the specs listed

Insprion E1505

• Intel dual core 1.60Ghz processor, 533MHz, 2 x 1MB L2 Cache
    Windows XP media center edition
    15.4" widescreen display
    1GB ddr2 ram
    60GB sata hdd
    cd/dvd burner
    256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 HyperMemory
    Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition
    10/100 nic and modem
    Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 :o
    battery :banjo:
    wireless g built in
    a bunch of other crap software that ill uninstall (except the 6 months aol access ofcourse)

small image:

01425i13384200gn5.jpg

really huge image:

inspe1505300ux3.th.jpg

it will be nice for word processing, listening to music and programming while ill have my pc for gaming etc :)

edit: what the hell is the point of the

• thing that didnt go anything exepct tab :mad: