Doom3 Engine

Izuno

I dislike it, it looks cartoony just like the q3 engine, i hate the stencil shadows, bump mapping is really only cool thing......

DoomIII looks cartoony, but the engine with other textures may not. I personally would like to see what other companies can do with the engine before I make any judgements on whether its going to be a kick ass engine or not. I think it will be a good one with all "the crazy crap on the wall" type of stuff it is capable of.

The real question is why do I feel gulity about HL2 being leaked when I didn't care when doomIII was leaked? :idea::?: :?: :?: :shock::twisted:

Because the doom3 source didn't get leaked? I think the doom3 enigne is much more advanced in certain areas, but I think hl2 probably has better support for different types of games and game types, (when's the last shot you saw of doom3 wiht terrain?). And I think the "plasticy" look is all based on the settings and low rez textures they are using.

Mojo feels guilty about HL2 being leaked because...

HE LEAKED HL2!!! ok not really, but in all honesty i've come accustom to large games getting leaked lately (ie UT2K3, Doom III, HL2) however i think the source leak was just alittle too far. Not that i downloaded any of them.. *cough* because thats wrong. Either way i like both engines for different reasons.

The Doom3 engine was built for inside areas, I'm sure they will have a couple of rocks on the mars surface you can see from inside, but don't even think of building something which is even close to a natural surface.

(sounds like I was an ID employee who I am obviously not, but this is how recent statements of the developers somewhat look like)