mapcore.net almost ready to open it's doors

It's taken some late nights and some sweat, but I have almost gotten everything working on the site as per the grand plan to re-open a web presence for mapcore. Most of this stuff I couldn't have gotten working without the help of eeenmachine, my twin brother and php guru. The next step is to "open" mapcore, which will basically consist of some advertising on gaming sites and increasing the patronage of mapcore. Get ready for a new chapter in the long and windy history of mapcore,. I'm excited, and I hope you are too!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i dont know why you shied away from the tutorial thing, but i think thats what will bring people to the site, and then to the forums. i can make modeling tutorials and vtms, which seem to be in high demand now

Wooh it's really happening! Many cool features on the site now, thanks a bunch eeenmachine!

I think the best thing to do would be adding a section for tutorials in the forums, where people can post their tutorials and readers can directly reply asking further questions, comments (whether the tutorial was helpful or not), suggestions and requests. Sounds even better than the average tutorials section on other sites to me.

-strat

hmm, it was happening to me a while ago too, but it seemed to have fixed itself. Are you sure you have the "always log me it" check box checked on both the main page and the forums?

-DD

No, I don't think this site can handle the traffic. I have been wanting to move hosts for a month or two now, but mike has been very busy and hasn't been able give me what I need to get new hosting.

The tutorials, sure. The plan has always been to be able to accomodate tutorials, I just never wanted to rely on that as a feature, since relying on anyone to constantly produce content to stay alive spells doom. If you guys post any tutorials, (which would go in the technical discussion forums) I will happily pimp them with a news post, and if we start getting a lot of them I will open up a forum just for tutorials.