Saint's Row on 360

Izuno

I enjoyed it. Seriously - make a big, fat asian guy with ginger cornrows and mangle his face up with the customising tools; you can't NOT like the game when your lead character looks like that yet is still trying to act like a bad ass :D Dunno if I'll be buying it as there are a fair few games I'm after for the 360 hitting soon (Dead Rising, N3, Test Drive Unlimited, Enchanted Arms), but it might just make the list.

It was actually surprisingly well made. That's not to say that I was terribly impressed, but the graphics are pretty good, nice to see a GTA-clone with some nice shadows :). Also stuff like how the vehicle handles, running around and shooting was pretty good stuff. Might be a bit too much ripping off GTA in terms of missions and structure but what the hell, why fix something if it aint broken :)

Whats with all the negative nancies around here lately? :D Dennis - granted, the game is completely based upon the GTA series, but its hardly the only game to draw from others is it? Don't hate the game purely because it is derivative, as if you did, you'd have missed out on plenty of classics over the years. It does not look like ass, and given that you haven't actually played the game you aren't really in much of a position to claim that they do. I wish people would give things a chance before jumping on the hate wagon...

Whats with all the negative nancies around here lately? :D Dennis - granted, the game is completely based upon the GTA series, but its hardly the only game to draw from others is it? Don't hate the game purely because it is derivative, as if you did, you'd have missed out on plenty of classics over the years. It does not look like ass, and given that you haven't actually played the game you aren't really in much of a position to claim that they do. I wish people would give things a chance before jumping on the hate wagon...

Have you seen the characters?

they look bland and their animations suck.

The cars look alright(modelwise) but the shaders look shitty doesnt do the game much good.

And im not a negative nancy i just strongly dislike this title

besides its MY opinion im not trying to keep people from playing the game

You're right, some of the animations really do suck, but oddly, some of the others are really quite good. Walking slowly, for example, makes the character walk with a really cheesy swagger thats really well done, while others, such as the jumping animation, are just laughably poor. Bit of a mixed bag I guess. Anyway, I wouldn't ever claim this is the best looking game around or anything, but regardless, it doesn't look like ass.

I enjoyed it. Seriously - make a big, fat asian guy with ginger cornrows and mangle his face up with the customising tools; you can't NOT like the game when your lead character looks like that yet is still trying to act like a bad ass :D Dunno if I'll be buying it as there are a fair few games I'm after for the 360 hitting soon (Dead Rising, N3, Test Drive Unlimited, Enchanted Arms), but it might just make the list.

exactly. I enjoy creating stupid looking people, one guy I made was fairly close to looking like Joe Camel - LINK, and it was funny to see him walk around since he was so damn ridiculous. Plus the fact that you can at any time change your character to look like something else is nice.

Yeah its a GTA-clone. So what? I agree with Mazzle. No reason to fix something that isn't broken. They actually fixed somethings that bugged me with GTA - being able to move your camera/gun while in a car and fire in that direction for example.

If a game is fun then I am going to play it since playing games that are fun is a whole lot better than games that suck (Duh). Also hitting someone and making them go flying with Ragdoll Physics then to have them animation blend and get up and walk away seamlessly is great! 8)

i think it's a lot of fun. Personally I find it easier to control than GTA for shooting and driving, but that may be because i just never got into GTA like the other 17 million people who did...

I think it's going to do well given the lull of big 360 games in Sept time frame other than Madden in a week or two.

:)

Yeah its a GTA-clone. So what? I agree with Mazzle. No reason to fix something that isn't broken. They actually fixed somethings that bugged me with GTA - being able to move your camera/gun while in a car and fire in that direction for example.

This is a wreckless opinion. Blatantly stealing other people's work and repackaging it as your own is not something to be encouraged. Perhaps if it was Brothers in Arms they were blatantly stealing you wouldn't be so cheery about it. Or Mazy, if it were Hitman?

Shame.

I don't think many customers are going to "shame" the game by not buying it becuase it's a gta clone. If it's fun, people will buy it. I would rather see one game blatantly copy another game on the chance it might make some improvements on it and force everyone else in the genre to innovate to stand out from the rest. There is no way to be a huge success and not get cloned. The market will decide.

I would welcome anyone to make a clone of any game I made, if someone else does it better, than maybe I should step up and innovate show poeple why my game is still the best in the genre. Can't copyright gameplay and it would be a damn shame if you could.