VoodariuS

CTF-Kernel

Spotlight  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Spotlight

• y
    • n

Some more unreal lovin :D

Looks great, however I think visually its a little to busy.

I have a hard time distinguishing whats going on in some pictures. There is a lot of red lighthing. It might be a good idea to use some other colours to direct the players and focus on certain areas a little more, like the floors.

http://voodarius.planetunreal.gamespy.com/wip/2/kernel1.jpg

Its easy to tell whats going on here, its a hallway, but its hard to tell whats happening with the floor. Its a little busy for my taste.

Top notch work though.

VoodariuS do you concept your UT maps first or just go with the flow? Your map collection is very creative and I was interested in your workflow. because im trying to find the a good method for me to follow.

I'm trying to use concept of layout, but sometimes this is impossible, like this time. Basic layout was created by another mapper, but this was... a dm map. :))))) So, there is no any concept. That map was a bunch of brushes with couple of static meshes. All except layout of one base was made by me.

Previous map, DM-Aeris was created with layout concept and design document.

ps

Sorry my bad English.

wow, i'm in love with your atmosphere, really original and creative, and did you use a fisheye view or something to take the screens ? the perspective in all the screens looks odd to me :-D

Anyway keep up the great work sir

Really great work there! With the first shots I was unsure of you had just been lucky to get a good angle or such, but it seems like that the mapping actually is of a very high quality.