Physics Objects

von*ferret

couch.jpg

Generalvivi you might be able to help. Basicaly I have a couch, I'd like it to have cushions on them. Cushions being physics. The couch static. If shot up the couchions fly up. However I have the cushions being physics objects. They're super jittery and like to vibrate. This is not acceptable :) any ideas on what I can do?

Forgive me, I am noob... but I'm thinking you're saying the problem is the prop_physics models(cushions) are jittery when sitting on the prop_static model(couch). I'd be inclined to believe that the problem is you have a model sitting on a model? What about making an invisible brush in the approximate shape of the couch, just slightly taller than the couch, so the cushions would sit on that instead of on the couch model itself? Are the cushions jittery if you just place one as a prop_physics on the ground(on a brush).

In the CSS version of office they have a similar item, in the paper/storage rooms, they have prop_static shelving with prop_physics items sitting on it. So its possible. Unless those shelves are brushes... :?

I odn't know much about models, but i think this works. You could make the cushions as gibs (sp? the things that come out when you destroy something) for the model, like for example when you destroy a combine gunship, and all that parts come out, or the computer in cs_office. The thing is i think the couch needs to be a physics object, but you can make it not move in the prop_physics options and flags.