Sign in to follow this  
Polaris

Linux

But that aside, as I said earlier I'm prepared to pay that bit more for the best user experience possible, and not just the functionality. Until Linux can master both (which is going to require a lot of its user's mentalities changing) it's going to remain just how it is. A niche home OS.

How you can know that Linux cannot master both? You didnt tried it, right? Also, not every Distribution is built for tweaking. Ubuntu is a 100% desktop distro and is very comfortable. Has the most best hardware recognition, most comfortable pre-configuration and configuration tools. And has also a kickass community. What you want else?

Wfr, Sindwiller

Because Ubuntu is still a bitch to use and most of GUI config stuff doesn't bloody work properly. After arsing around with config files for hours I realised that the Linux communitys idea of usability was somewhat different to my own.

Linux is not in any way a proper desktop OS at present and until someone creates a decent distro that has a decent standardised method for adjusting settings, installing software and organising information, it won't be. It still very much feels like something designed by coders, not something designed for users.

And for gods sakes just that in your bloody sig instead of singing every post.