Flat brushes in Hammer

Polaris

It's possible to make flat brushes in Hammer, my question is though, is there any use in this? Does it increase performance even a tiny bit if I used it for surfaces where only one side is showing anyway (I doubt it). And even if there isn't any benefit are there any problems created by using them, because I'd like to use them to just stay tidy in some areas.

I assume you mean one side, but can you delete sides without creating a displacement? And if you have a displacement you'll have sealing problems if you just treat it like a normal brush. For every flat face you'd have to have a whole nother nodraw brush for sealing.

Unless you can make a one sided brush without it being a displacement, which I've never heard of.

Well to be perfectly clear, they are feasible in Hammer, but if you end up with one, you screwed up somewhere cause it's bound to cause an error in your compile.

To create one, you can make a simple brush and weld the vertices together. The brush will still exist according to Hammer....

No I mean a regular rectangular brush that's been flattened to create a 2-sided brush.

hammer can display that but its not working with the engine. you m ight eliminate those faces with a nodraw material on it. then the compiler will drop those polygons -> speed up