Hammer 3d lighting preview WORKING

JeanPaul

Alright folks, here you go. Our coder, Nokia, has it working in his Hammer. This isnt a lie, and I talked to him first hand about this. The bad news is that he gets around 5-6 fps while in lighting preview mode. Even worse news, his computer is a 4ghz over clocked Intel, 4 gb of RAM, and dual x1800 pros. 8O And on top of that, it LITERALLY takes 10 minutes to load.

And here you go, proof.

6cs9.jpg

7jn6.jpg

8lx6.jpg

I think that the lighting preview is still experimental. The way its rendered on that example might be realtime lightmapping (yeah, w00t-t3h-fu€k), because, no realtime lighting technique does need so long to calculate and does not work so slow. So, the lightmap is updated on every light-move, but only the moved light is being rendered. Maybe, the myth, Hammer uses software rendering, causes the very, very, very low performance (5-6 FPS, even on so a shitty system *duck* *runaway*). Well, have fun :D

Wfr, Sindwiller

ummmm yeah, a spot light with the cone showing. Is there something im missing?

Yes, the screenshot is bullshit. You need to look very close. You will see a brightness difference between the floor who "touches" the cone and the rest of the room. See it? :P

Wfr, SIndwiller

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Post in Yanzl's Source Emporium
      Two new asset releases!

First up is Basalt. Sadly I can't release all of the assets as some of the nature stuff is from Megascans and can't be redistributed. Also only includes the assets I've made.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e86kdqwpvhhs5x6/Basalt.zip?dl=0

Second one is assets I've made for Pitstop. A small release that includes some road and concrete trim textures, a bunch of sponsors and some skybox buildings that might be useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6tn3b6nfo2u77d/Pitstop.zip?dl=0

As always, free for non-commercial use with attribution.