Sign in to follow this  
Spinlock

San Andreas...

sure the graphics suck but the game is just so damn fun :) (a far cry from vice city though)

a little bit off topic but i feel like tossing this outrageous claim out there:

i hear alot of poeple say i dont care about graphics and i am all about gameplay.

NOW I SAY:

prety grahpics DO make a game more FUN ! (maybe its just the artist in me ^^)

:banjo:

how could vice city be better than san andreas?

Yeah, I agree. I think in terms of level design VC was a step down from GTA3. I mean, GTA3 had lots of difference in elevation, lots of curved roads and in general, interesting, fun to drive roads. VC on the other hand was pretty much just straight grids laid down on two islands that were virtually flat.

So pondering that, I think SA made a move for the better in terms of the actual design of the environments. People not liking playing through the story as a black man is another issue entirely.

SA was more fun to drive around because you had all the countryside space to do whatever you wanted. I dont think Vice city lets you go higher up than 5 ft

Aye, GTA has always been about going where ever you want and the fact that you could swim in San Andreas made a huge difference for me, and really opened up the world more than flying did actually.

Anyway, I can certainly agree with the fact that Vice City had more style, and really captured the 80's feel better than SA captured the 90's feel. Plus lots of people were actually scared away by San Andreas' sheer size, and having so much stuff to explore just overwhelmed them. I felt that a bit in the beginning actually.

Also obviously Vice City didn't have to much elevation in its terrain, based on Miami being fairly flat (afaik anyway).

I love San Andreas. And the gangster stuff is awesome..... Yeah the graphics aren't on the same level as HL2 but what do you expect from a game using Renderware? Also the world is freakin huge and it's all streamed... I don't mind the crap graphics at all.

I have some advice for all those who are overwhelmed by the size of SA. Use cheats.

You wont have to follow the story and you can spawn apaches or jumbojets and fly anywhere. Its damn fun exploring the massive world, landing on top of skyscrapers or mountains and basejumping off