[UT2k4] dm_Baroque_BETA

KIIIA

Hello, finally my new project for the UT2k4 engine has reached BETA status. Dm_Baroque is a small Gael-like arenastyle DM Map (which doesnt mean, that you cannot build other layouts with that content) with 99% Custom content ( the 1% still to be replaced in the final version). There`s still a lot missing ( some Static MEsh architecture, serious lighting, and gameplay stuff like placing items etc.). So there`s still much work to be done, but after such a long time, working without the public eye, i just wanted to show a bit:

beta_baroque1.jpg

-

beta_baroque2.jpg

-

beta_baroque6.jpg

-

beta_baroque4.jpg

-

beta_baroque5.jpg

-

beta_baroque3.jpg

-

beta_baroque7.jpg

C&C?

Wow. Seems you've improved quite a bit since last map I saw from you :D

The design, model and texture work is all awesome!

Only thing is the lighting doesn't make it fair to the rest IMO (and I saw now you mentioned you weren't done with that yet either).

With some more interesting lighting you've got a total winner here.

GJ :elrey::elrey::elrey:

Nice originality, nicely done for a pretty difficult theme too.

Im personally not really fond of your type of baroque tho. It looks a bit homo and girl like. Rawer colors and perhaps some damage/decay could make it more atmospheric.

You said you need serious lighting and I hope you mean really serious with that.

Good ammount of specularity on everything can help too. Fits the theme.

Looks cool for some DM action. Might just be me but the ceiling painting seems to sort of stick out by being a bit too grey/desaturated, where as most of the other stuff seems a lot more saturated. But its kinda late here and my eyes might be seeing strange things :D

It looks a bit flat at present, some specularity and dramatic lighting should really help though. I think you could get away with using some stronger colours in thhere as well. Maybe white plaster in the main room and pink elsehwere? Not too sure about teh wooden floor eeither, maybe something darker?

Really unique and sumptuous looking though. Nice.