de_parabellum (CS 1.6)

BuZZeR

my immediate impression from looking at screens is that the map is wayyyy to bright. I thought it was fullbright untill I saw a stray shadow somewhere. The lighting needs a lot of work, you should be able to tell where the light is coming from and create some depth with shadows.

my immediate impression from looking at screens is that the map is wayyyy to bright.

I like a condition of an environment in midday. Bright maps makes enemy visible. Many players ask me about it. And i think so.

Anyway, map looks more better in game, then on screens. :)

tnx for reply

• 2 weeks later...

you can throw away zaphod's advice or take it to heart. He's not saying make it dark. He's saying that so much detail and focal points can be achieved with good thought out lighting. Obviously dont make the map dark, since its a day. But even during mid day there are a ton of shadows. Infact you have sharper shadows and better contrast. So my suggestion is take people's advice and not throw away their effort to comment on your work in progress.

Put a 'null' brush below those models, they look like they are floating and do not belong to the map. Also try do dirten up some textures, specially that floor texture on the second screen.

I've seen your previous maps and I'm sure you can do a lot better than that :) Keep it up anyways.

Dude, I wondered if you might show up, I absolutely love the work you and the other guys have put into Paranoia and so do a lot of others here:

http://mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5378&start=0

The map looks pretty good as well, an original project for sure :)

Ohhh! Big discussion. Tnx for link!

I am confused. :) Tnx for your interest to our project. I hope we will done it soon.