Sign in to follow this  
Steppenwolf

the german TV is fucked up

:banjo::banjo::banjo:

i found the quote... multiple ones actually

What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?

~Plato

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

~Attributed to SOCRATES by Plato, according to William L.

Patty and Louise S. Johnson, Personality and Adjustment, p. 277

(1953).

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.

-Hesiod

Sorry Peris but i can't see what the normal conflicts between generations have to do with this big huge criminal hip hop gangsta bullshit movement. Its so out of scale. It has not only to do with music and clothing. There is a uncivilized, inhumane way of thinking behind this gangsta shit. In former generations violent subcultures were a problem of a minority. Today it has become a problem of the mainstream. The media can be blamed to have at least a partly responsibility for this development.