F.E.A.R Level Editing

Bl1tz

Hey everybody. I'm posting this thread in case anyone has engine specific or other issues they encounter when they're in the process of trying to make F.E.A.R maps. I've run into pretty much every error possible since I use it day in and day out professionally.

I don't know if there's anyone actually doing any level editing for it, but if you're out there feel free to pose your questions in this thread (after you've exhausted the other available online resources)

8)

I havent tryed out FEAR's editor yet, but after playing the game and also playing Condemned: Criminal Origins, which I loved I feel tempted. Who knows when I finish my work on Source engine.

But thanks for trying to help, that's realy nice of you.

":s7sla439]I havent tryed out FEAR's editor yet, but after playing the game and also playing Condemned: Criminal Origins, which I loved I feel tempted. Who knows when I finish my work on Source engine.

But thanks for trying to help, that's realy nice of you.

Any time :-D

Is it easier to work with than Source?

At the moment yes, because for a few months now Hammer has been a buggy piece of shit that Valve can't seem to fix. I've been wanting to finish my CS:S map for a while now, but everytime I load up Hammer something else is broken. And then the fix for that thing breaks something else :cry:

WorldEdit is very easy to get into if you're experienced with either UnrealED, Worldcraft/Hammer, or Radiant. It's also a bit more powerful in some senses because it has some nice modeling type tools built into the editor and a very easy scripting language to do some nice cinematic type stuff with.

what editor does FEAR use anyway? A new version of DEdit?

It uses an editor called WorldEdit which is freely available as long as you have F.E.A.R. (not sure about Condemned, as I've never looked into it) I never used the tools before now so I can't say whether or not it's just a newer, spiffier version of Dedit but I assume that's the case.