Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

Phobos

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it sounds like it's basically TFC:Source (which they probably could've made in the same time as CS:S), and it makes more sense to bite the bullet and ship it out as part of a larger package. I'm personally very disappointed in the news and not just because of FF, but because it sounds very much like the original vision for TF2 has been superseded by other games and Valve have copped out and decided to make TFC:Source instead of putting out something very new and exciting.

TF2/TFC:Source will probably rule, but will it rule remotely enough to justify a 7 year dev cycle? I doubt it. Of course, Valve could just be fucking with us or being economical with the truth, but I will reserve full judgement until I play it :)

Yeah I initially thought they were just being coy, but then i read the bit in about the classes.. and it's just TFC's classes. Maybe they have more in store, or maybe it will just be executed so awesomely that our heads will explode in joy. Let's find out :)

It's not just a source port, other sites are saying that valve made it have a more cartoonish feelling, and are trying to make the best team class multiplayer ever.

Newell explained that Valve wanted to make this action game distinct, so the graphics (which use the Source engine) look like a Pixar animated movie. To reinforce this, the carious character classes in the game look like cartoon caricatures. These include the Medic with the huge needle or the Demoman with the sticks of explosives. Other classes include the Heavy, the Spy, the Scout, the Engineer, the Sniper, the Soldier, and the Pyro. Newell says that the goal with Team Fortress 2 is to create “the best looking and best-playing class-based multiplayer game.”

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/halfl ... id=6154006

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/718/718495p1.html

No need to slit your wrists now dudes. They JUST announced it, you have no idea what they have in mind.

The shit has hit the fan at the FF forums though.

Haha wow, I just read the thread at FF forums and I can't believe how they're acting like children there.