Sign in to follow this  
RD

Burnin the American flag

:???: I'm the one that didn't want the flag burning ammendment to pass and who thinks that burning the Koran is an abomination. You lose, RD.

Freedom isnt just allowing what you like and banning the rest :roll:

Wait.... suddenly you are in favor of the freedom to burn religious symbols? Flipflop? :roll:

While i welcome your embrace of freedom, its sad that you dont have it. Your government might be ok with it (but probably isnt), its not your government your criticising by burning religious symbols!

The freedom of speech, is being able to say whatever, without fearing for your life. You cant do it.

Apparently all this time you havent understood the government wont kill you, but the ppl you are criticizing will.

And you had the courage to call ppl that criticize this violence, cowards. :nag: This is a giant flipflop :roll:

how your country fucked up with cartoons

you tools fucked up with that cartoon and its reprinting

the country and cartoonists should not be held accountable for their actions, the people striiring up the violence for soemthing so trivial should. Its that simple, i dont know why you are even debating this

Wait.... suddenly you are in favor of the freedom to burn religious symbols? Flipflop? :roll:

Yay! It's hand puppets time again. You've never understood where I've come from with that, I think.

Government shouldn't do certain things because it effects the entire nation unjustly.

If a governmental body burns another country's flag that's a show of official aggression. It's not illegal, but that country shouldn't be surprised if the nation in question reacts harshly.

If the citizens of that same country burn that flag it's a bunch of hot-heads spouting off.

If citizens burn the flag of their own nation, likewise it's just a bunch of hot-heads spouting off.

If the government burns its own flag it's just being odd and should be inspected for the UFOs that you talk about all the time.

If a governmental body burns any religious object as a show of aggression that's just asking for trouble within and without. It's not illegal, but it does invite a whole host of shit down on the country in question, its stations overseas, and its citizens abroad. Such actions should not be taken lightly since they effect the lives of so many.

If the citizens of the same country burn a religious object it's a bunch of hot-heads spouting off and probably doesn't amount to a hill of beans unless the country they're in condones it or doesn't actively see that such actions don't avalanche into rioting.

If citizens of that religion burn their own objects they're just weird.

the country and cartoonists should not be held accountable for their actions, the people striiring up the violence for soemthing so trivial should. Its that simple, i dont know why you are even debating this

Yeah, if I wear a "FUCK [url=http://www.mapcore.org/content/rules-and-guidelines]read the rules[/url]S" shirt in Harlem it's not my fault for choosing to wear the shirt, it's those unruly hoodlums' fault for beating the living shit out of me. Great logic. Avoiding responsibility for one's own actions is a great way to go about things.

Why, I shouldn't be beheld to any laws because it's not my fault I did anything, it's simply the State's fault for getting upset that I did! They need to get over it.

That being said, this is an argument for a different (and undoubtedly very dumb) thread.

Yeah, if I wear a "FUCK [url=http://www.mapcore.org/content/rules-and-guidelines]read the rules[/url]S" shirt in Harlem it's not my fault for choosing to wear the shirt, it's those unruly hoodlums' fault for beating the living shit out of me. Great logic. Avoiding responsibility for one's own actions is a great way to go about things.

Why, I shouldn't be beheld to any laws because it's not my fault I did anything, it's simply the State's fault for getting upset that I did! They need to get over it.

That being said, this is an argument for a different (and undoubtedly very dumb) thread.

its definiately the hoodlums fault for beating you up. Why wouldnt it be? I do not get you logic... If i wear a tshirt with fuck postmen on it, and you beat me up... are you going to claim innocence because i insulted you? Great way to avoid responsibility postman, thats a great way to go about things.

Also you are a great debater for already calling the arguments of the other side dumb before the debate

how does this even compare? This isnt about laws, there is no law that says i cant idraw muslim cartoons if i want. Should there be? And if there is, am i wrong for being upset that i do not have freedom of speech?

its definiately the hoodlums fault for beating you up. Why wouldnt it be? I do not get you logic... If i wear a tshirt with fuck postmen on it, and you beat me up... are you going to claim innocence because i insulted you? Great way to avoid responsibility postman, thats a great way to go about things.

Oh I get it, you switched my name in there! Haha! Haha! No, it doesn't work like that. If you wear something with the explicit intention of pissing someone off you can't be surprised if it pisses someone off, and while they aren't fully justified in the ass-beating you'll receive, it's something that will more than likely happen. Does it make it right? No. Does it still happen? Yes. Does that mean that one should accept responsibility for one's own actions in the face of such recourse? Yes.

Also you are a great debater for already calling the arguments of the other side dumb before the debate

Any time I show one of my friends from SA's D&D this forums and your guys' posts they cringe and shudder and ask me how I can manage to stay sane. Yeah, it's been debated here before and it was retarded.

how does this even compare? This isnt about laws, there is no law that says i cant idraw muslim cartoons if i want. Should there be? And if there is, am i wrong for being upset that i do not have freedom of speech?

You missed the point. Re-read the post.

Oh I get it, you switched my name in there! Haha! Haha! No, it doesn't work like that. If you wear something with the explicit intention of pissing someone off you can't be surprised if it pisses someone off, and while they aren't fully justified in the ass-beating you'll receive, it's something that will more than likely happen. Does it make it right? No. Does it still happen? Yes. Does that mean that one should accept responsibility for one's own actions in the face of such recourse? Yes.

beating people up is never justified, and yeah i agree that wearing tshirts with KILL ALL [url=http://www.mapcore.org/content/rules-and-guidelines]read the rules[/url]S on it is completely retarded... but that doesnt make you responsible for violence. The responsibility here lies at the person that starts the violence. I cannot believe you claim the people that have drawn the mohammed cartoons should be responsible for the burning down op danish embassies and the deaths of people in riots...

Any time I show one of my friends from SA's D&D this forums and your guys' posts they cringe and shudder and ask me how I can manage to stay sane. Yeah, it's been debated here before and it was retarded.

my dnd goon friends!!!!! hahaha.

I read Dnd too and i KNOW that there are alot of people there that will also disagree with you on the idea that the people who have drawn the cartoons are also responsible. But yeah they are probably "dumb"

You missed the point. Re-read the post.

i re read it and still dont see it as a valid comparison, please explain because i must be dumb

Thats exactly why Harlem has been such a shitty hood for decades. You support the murder of anybody that wants to change it and confront the violence with words. You do this because you believe anybody that criticizes black ppl is a racist. Likewise you believe the same of anybody that criticizes religion. Dont you understand that the mere fact that its dangerous to protest against certain cultures, proves that it needs to be confronted with the year 2006?

It is actually the contempt for your own race that blinds you from the truth emot_shakehead.gif In your eyes there is no such thing as valid criticism of other religions, cultures or races, but only your own right?

What does Dungeons & Dragons have to do with this?

You know in Europe we had an open debate about this with over half a billion ppl. They all agreed that the freedom of speech should not be oppressed to satisfy a violent culture. It is retarded :roll:

Government shouldn't do certain things because it effects the entire nation unjustly.

Who said anything about the government doing it? Trying to change the subject? :nag:

Thats exactly why Harlem has been such a shitty hood for decades. You support the murder of anybody that wants to change it and confront the violence with words. You do this because you believe anybody that criticizes black ppl is a racist. Likewise you believe the same of anybody that criticizes religion. Dont you understand that the mere fact that its dangerous to protest against certain cultures, proves that it needs to be confronted with the year 2006?

It is actually the contempt for your own race that blinds you from the truth emot_shakehead.gif In your eyes there is no such thing as valid criticism of other religions, cultures or races, but only your own right?

You missed the point. Completely.

What does Dungeons & Dragons have to do with this?

You know in Europe we had an open debate about this with over half a billion ppl. They all agreed that the freedom of speech should not be oppressed to satisfy a violent culture. It is retarded :roll:

D&D = debate & discussion. No one ever said your speech should be curtailed to satisfy any culture, but you should probably step up to the plate and accept responsibility for your actions if they garner negative results. Understanding and dealing with a situation does not = being oppressed.

Who said anything about the government doing it? Trying to change the subject? :nag:

This thread is about an ammendment proposed to ban flag burning. Are you retarded?

D&D = debate & discussion. No one ever said your speech should be curtailed to satisfy any culture, but you should probably step up to the plate and accept responsibility for your actions if they garner negative results. Understanding and dealing with a situation does not = being oppressed.

I dont think you even grasp what you are saying yourself. If you really believe what you just said, you wouldnt mind the entire US being like Harlem... having the freedoms that white ppl have in a black ghetto.

Its nothing more than pretending, because you only talk like this because you dont live there and never have to deal with it.

Your tactic of dealing with extremism has only made the situation explode globally. You just let it grow and then throw bombs on it emot_shakehead.gif Its not working matey emot_shakehead.gif

If you meant what you said about accepting responsibility for intentionally pissing off violent ppl, then you got alot of death and destruction to accept.

I dont think you even grasp what you are saying yourself. If you really believe what you just said, you wouldnt mind the entire US being like Harlem... having the freedoms that white ppl have in a black ghetto.

Its nothing more than pretending, because you only talk like this because you dont live there and never have to deal with it.

No RD, what I'm saying is "do what you will, wear what you'll wear, but accept the consequences of your actions." It absolves neither party but it recognizes the cause/effect of what goes on.

Your tactic of dealing with extremism has only made the situation explode globally. You just let it grow and then throw bombs on it emot_shakehead.gif Its not working matey emot_shakehead.gif

Right. Someone has little to no knowledge about what got the middle east to where it is today. That person is you.

No RD, what I'm saying is "do what you will, wear what you'll wear, but accept the consequences of your actions." It absolves neither party but it recognizes the cause/effect of what goes on.

Apparently you dont recognize the causes and effects, because you dont recognize there is a problem. You think violence is a normal and acceptable way of dealing with criticism? :roll: That violence is predictable doesnt mean its all righty

Unfortunately for you, you live in the western world and its unlawful to assault or kill others for whatever reason other than self defense

If you dont like your own laws and freedoms, why do you live there?

Apparently you dont recognize the causes and effects, because you dont recognize there is a problem. You think violence is a normal and acceptable way of dealing with criticism? :roll: That violence is predictable doesnt mean its all righty

Now you're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Unfortunately for you, you live in the western world and its unlawful to assault or kill others for whatever reason other than self defense

Did I ever say it was legal or right? Re-read. Oh, and emoticons are not punctuation. I took the liberty of removing around a half dozen.

Sign in to follow this