Sign in to follow this  
RD

Burnin the American flag

No. Not at all. My point is that one is national the other is not. The flag burning ammendment only effects people in the US. The burning of a Koran or some-such other symbol effects more than just any one nation.

Then again my point this entire retarded conversation has been that you're injecting bullshit into an argument where it simply does not have any bearing at all. It still has no bearing and will never have any bearing.

It has bearing, but you have to think outside the political correct prison surrounding your mind to get it.

In America, you defend the freedom to protest against yourself, but you oppress the freedom to protest against others. Out of respect for different cultures or religions, you disrespect your own citizens.

From what ive seen Posty, you are in favor of the freedom to burn the flag, simply because you dont care and its just a piece of cloth. But the underlying principle that youre in favor of it because it demonstrates freedom, has completely gone over your head. This is demonstrated by the fact that you are against the freedom to burn a cloth that you do care about.

The paradox Fletch talks about isnt just misunderstood by ppl that want flagburning banned, its also misunderstood by ppl that want the burning of other symbols banned.

It has bearing, but you have to think outside the political correct prison surrounding your mind to get it.

Oh fuck you and your "prison" bullshit. You think UFOs carry religious scrolls or some stupid shit. If anything you need medication. Heavy medication.

Anyhow on to your drivel:

My argument this entire time has been over your attempted correlation between burning a Koran or some meandering anecdote about the Islamic cartoons and an ammendment that effects just the US and deals with a US symbol only. It has no bearing on anything outside the US. If someone in Tikrit torches an American flag we cannot arrest him/her because of the action (if this ammendment had gone through and all). However if someone from our government torched a Koran it looks incredibly bad for our foreign PR but it's also seen as a direct conflict with our very own Muslim citizens.

Now what is your argument against flag burning. Just flag burning. No UFOs, no Korans, no woe-is-Denmark. Just flag-burning.

The flag is a symbol for our freedom to speak and act freely, even if it might offend somebody else. Thus it is a symbol whose strength is that allows itself to be destroyed. It's called a paradox. Some people are simple minded and don't understand that it's a paradox. This scares them, so they write flag burning amendments to prevent themselves from having to think.

Exactly. My point on allowing flag burning. It was just political cock-waving at this stage.

Now what is your argument against flag burning. Just flag burning. No UFOs, no Korans, no woe-is-Denmark. Just flag-burning.

I am in favor of the freedom to burn all symbols, including your flag. But it is discriminative to yourself and all americans to only allow the burning of your own symbol. It is, in plain simpleness, a sign that your values are inferior to values that support violence to get respect. In even simpler terms: you admit that the freedom of speech is a logical fallacy. So you either ban it, because equal is still better than inferior, or you respect freedom.

Btw your ad hominems are useless. Youre not arguing with me, your arguing with the freedom of speech

I am in favor of the freedom to burn all symbols, including your flag. But it is discriminative to yourself and all americans to only allow the burning of your own symbol. It is, in plain simpleness, a sign that your values are inferior to values that support violence to get respect. In even simpler terms: you admit that the freedom of speech is a logical fallacy. So you either ban it, because equal is still better than inferior, or you respect freedom.

Btw your ad hominems are useless. Youre not arguing with me, your arguing with the freedom of speech

My ad homs have weight because you are a moron, RD. Through and through. This isn't an argument of world-wide freedom of speech. This is an argument of free-speech in the US. Nothing more. Strictly within that ballpark and you're injecting your usual omg-muslims crap into the conversation for no reason with no bearing. There is no logical fallacy here. There is only you trying to inject something into a conversation where it has no place.

My ad homs have weight because you are a moron, RD. Through and through. This isn't an argument of world-wide freedom of speech. This is an argument of free-speech in the US. Nothing more. Strictly within that ballpark and you're injecting your usual omg-muslims crap into the conversation for no reason with no bearing. There is no logical fallacy here. There is only you trying to inject something into a conversation where it has no place.

In the last 3 pages i have only been talking about strictly the US. Not the middle east or the rest of the world.

Youre not free to burn symbols in your own country, you are not in favor of it unless its your own flag. You allow it because you simply dont care. Not only does that defeat the purpose of burning it, but it is plain racist.

Racism is a complex word Postman, there are many kinds of it. You have to be very careful not to discriminate your own race out of fear for a population that wants to defeat your values.

It is racist to treat any culture differently than your own laws subscribe. You must also demand all citizens IN YOUR OWN COUNRY to follow your laws, and not just your own race/religion/culture, because again, it would be plain racist not to.

In the last 3 pages i have only been talking about strictly the US. Not the middle east or the rest of the world.

Yes. Because this was an American ammendment dealing with the American flag.

Youre not free to burn symbols in your own country, you are not in favor of it unless its your own flag.

We ARE allowed to burn symbols on our country. However the government should not do it.

You allow it because you simply dont care. Not only does that defeat the purpose of burning it, but it is plain racist.

What the fuck are you on about?

Racism is a complex word Postman, there are many kinds of it. You have to be very careful not to discriminate your own race out of fear for a population that wants to defeat your values.

This would matter or make sense if American was a race or if I was trying to ban Islam because of brown-skinned folks. But American isn't a race and I'm not talking about Islam, you are, incessantly. For no reason.

It is racist to treat any culture differently than your own laws subscribe. You must also demand all citizens IN YOUR OWN COUNRY to follow your laws, and not just your own race/religion/culture, because again, it would be plain racist not to.

Again, what the fuck are you on about? So far you've dragged out how your country fucked up with cartoons and how you really don't like Muslim folks but you haven't given one good reason why the United States should ban flag burning. And now...racism? What the hell? Religion is not race and flags are not race. Furthermore and most importantly this has nothing to do with Denmark, cartoons, Islam or anything you're babbling about. At all.

This is my thread Postman, and i decided what it was about, not you :roll: You have missed the point of its creation. This isnt about the cloth being burned. Its about the principles behind it :roll: :roll:

how your country fucked up with cartoons

This shows you are against the freedom of speech. You are only in favor of it when your own culture is criticized. But as soon as there is criticism of another culture, its "fucked up".

It is plain discriminative, no matter how hard you try to flee away, moaning that it has no bearing.

Try to explain it Postman :roll:

I dare you.

This is my thread Postman, and i decided what it was about, not you :roll: You have missed the point of its creation. This isnt about the cloth being burned. Its about the principles behind it :roll: :roll:

"Wah, and if you don't like it I'll take my ball and go home!" Great tactic.

This shows you are against the freedom of speech.

What. :roll:

You are only in favor of it when your own culture is criticized.

My concern in this argument is for the ammendment proposed in my country and my argument with you has been that you're injecting bullshit into an argument where it has no place.

But as soon as there is criticism of another culture, its "fucked up".

It is plain discriminative, no matter how hard you try to flee away, moaning that it has no bearing.

This is after you say "My thread, my rules!" after your first post has... oh hey, nothing to do with the Koran and only with the now-dead ammendment. You lose, RD.

I dare you.

I have. Repeatedly. You just don't care to use logic in your posts.

I dare you.

I have. Repeatedly. You just don't care to use logic in your posts.

Well then explain it again. Why is it ok to burn western symbols and fucked up to burn others? In your own country.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well then explain it again. Why is it ok to burn western symbols and fucked up to burn others?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Re-read your own thread. It's there, repeatedly in size 12 arial font type. Lay off the rolleyes guy, he's getting a headache from your abuses.

Re-read your own thread. It's there, repeatedly in size 12 arial font type. Lay off the rolleyes guy, he's getting a headache from your abuses.

You cant explain it can you :roll:

You cant explain it can you :roll:

I have, repeatedly. You lose, RD.

You havent defeated me. You have defeated the freedom of speech in your own country. Congratulations :roll:

You havent defeated me. You have defeated the freedom of speech in your own country. Congratulations :roll:

:???: I'm the one that didn't want the flag burning ammendment to pass and who thinks that burning the Koran is an abomination. You lose, RD.

Sign in to follow this