Burnin the American flag

RD

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. It may seem tacky, but allow me to quote Andrew Shepard from The American President:

You want to proclaim this as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol must depict one if its citizens expressing their right to burn that flag in protest.

I can't put it any better than that. I say keep it legal. To me, this just seems like another step of government trying to remove civil liberties. I've never burned a flag before, but if the Bush administration keeps it up, I just might. Maybe I'm just too liberal... :?

When it becomes illegal in the US i expect it to happen even more in other countries, just for the hell of it :cool:

I can't put it any better than that. I say keep it legal.

For me it depends on who's doing it. I dont mind hippies or ppl protesting Bush or the war, but most of the time ppl burn the flag because it represents freedom and western society. They'll never appreciate the freedom to burn it untill its removed :twisted:

I think the whole concern over it is silly. I don't think it should be illegal. What if I live way out in the boondocks and burn my trash, and I've just bought a new flag to replace my old, crusty flag?

I think I'll start burning Bald Eagle figurines or "Support Our Troops" stickers.

Or maybe we could just start burning overly patriotic people.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw

If someone burns a flag as a display of disrespect, don't arrest them for burning the flag, instead figure out why they have this disrespect and try to fix the problem.

Will become illegal :twisted: I hope at least.

Why do you hope so?

I pledge allegiance to this nation, not a stupid piece of cloth made in some backwater ex-communist east-asian country. The flag is a symbol, but it is not our strength and burning it is no greater a threat to the United States than any of the dumb chest-pounding attempts at nationalism the right is currently using to drum up support in the upcomings.

Why do you hope so?

I hope it because these days its mostly done by ppl that assault our right to burn their holy book.

It will expose the apes that are for freedom to burn an atheist symbol and against the freedom to burn a divine symbol. In other words, ppl that find atheists lesser humans.Ofcourse it would be better if it was all free to do :cool:

But its not and as long as its not, you accept your inferiority.

I hope it because these days its mostly done by ppl that assault our right to burn their holy book.

How the hell does that even correlate, at all?

It will expose the apes that are for freedom to burn an atheist symbol and against the freedom to burn a divine symbol. In other words, ppl that find atheists lesser humans.Ofcourse it would be better if it was all free to do :cool:

But its not and as long as its not, you accept your inferiority.

What...the fuck? This doesn't even make cognitive sense. RD, have you taken your meds?

He's basically saying that we should be allowed to burn their holy book, if the Muslims burn our flags. And if we can't they shouldn't be abe to burn the flags then. And If we let them continue we are acepting our inferiority. Not sure I agree at all though RD :?

If people like to burn things let them. As long as it's not buildings and such :wink:

How the hell does that even correlate, at all?

Ok, i will rephrase it for those of us that dont have intelligence as native language.

When you burn a koran, your flags correlate with fire around the world. I guess it has become so normal for you that you dont even grasp what freedom is anymore. You cant say everything anymore, and you cant protest against Islam at all.

It was demonstrated during the cartoon riots, the US backstabbed the EU when it excersised its freedom to protest against islamic violence. But now you are defending this same freedom because it only involves your own flag. Why?

I think this law would restore some balance to the planets energyforces.

Btw the news article in this thread wasnt really about Islam, but in the rest of the world, when american flags are burning, the chances are that it involves Islam.

A bunch of retarded shit.

The flag burning ammendment means that US citizens cannot burn American flags. How the hell does this have anything to do with the EU and how you tools fucked up with that cartoon and its reprinting? I think you're really stretching here.

It correlates :roll: And i just explained how.

Why are you in favor for the freedom to burn flags, and against the freedom to draw cartoons?

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.