Torque Engine WIP.

TheLegacy

Hey guys, first post on these forums. I am currently in the process of creating an Asian themed level for an FPS we are creating at school using the Torque engine.

I have only had about 2-3 weeks to work on this level so far, and only have 1 week left and am turning to you guys for some c&c because I know there is alot of talent around here and hope to get some advice on what's lacking/what's done well in the level.

Here are some WIP shots.. The level has not been lit properly yet, so I'm well aware there are some lighting issues. Also the TGE engine is very limited as far as any shaders go as well as texture size for terrain etc, so there isn't much I can do about that.

In_Game_0007.jpg

In_Game_0000.jpg

In_Game_0002.jpg

In_Game_0009.jpg

In_Game_0003.jpg

In_Game_0004.jpg

In_Game_0005.jpg

In_Game_0006.jpg

Thanks alot guys.. Look forward to hearing from you :)

Hey Fletch.. Actually the game is of the Steampunk genre.Though there isn't alot of it in this level as of yet as far as meshes etc, the other levels and the characters definitely depict the theme. Also the emitters and what not aren't turned on yet. I definitely see what you're saying about the textures on the pipes, though i think that is mainly because all the meshes are getting lit way brighter then the brushes for some reason.. Going to look into it now.

Thanks for the comments.

DIE TORQUE DIE!!!!! ARG!!! *explodes*

Sorry about that, I had to work with it for a year.. And yeah, never ever again.. It is way to frustrating.

But your stuff looks good for torque!

Yea, we've only been working with it for about 3 months, and it's the worst experience I've ever had working with an engine.. And I've worked with some pretty shoddy engines :(.

But yea, gotta make the best with what you have I guess. Thanks for the comment.

Yea, I worked with torque for about a year, on a shitty game, it was like the worst thing I have ever worked with. The worst part is the game went under so I lost like a year's worth of shitty torque work.

But your stuff is hawt for torque, much better than the stuff I did. As for critique, pretty much just what the others have posted, the pipes, but over all it looks very good.