So Al-Zarqawi got owned...

kleinluka

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assassination of this person is perfectly justified though

...although not technically legal.

Not that I disagree with his death, it's just that I wish we'd define our terms a little more clearly or at least follow our own laws.

So zarqawi should of been spared any kind of reprisal? He should be completely immune?

No, but we should follow our own laws. :roll:

I think it was fine to kill the pig, but the GI's gotta be sure they dont turn into killing machines that rather kill than capture or whatever.

Itll become very hard to explain why the US is the good side and terrorists the bad side. Its already very hard with places like Abu Graib and Guantanamo

In my opinion the soldiers probably got into a firefight - and then, like always, the media blew the thing up into an assasination.
Your opinion doesn't really mean shit to anyone.

The only thing that matters is what really happend. And not what the general public wants to believe.

I also heard something about airstrikes.

It was an airstrike, but Zarqawi lived until 52 minutes after the strike. Iraqi police were the first on the scene, followed by the American soldiers. There are rumours that he was tortured/beaten.

assassination of this person is perfectly justified though

Not necessarily. It doesn't matter if the person is an angel or the devil. If you have a charter stating you will not assassinate or torture, you don't. If you do, your word is worth nothing. I'm not complaining in this case necessarily, his death did everyone a lot of good, but the United States has a history of stepping outside of its bounds. US-backed coups. US-backed assassinations. US-backed renditions. US-run sercret illegal prisons. The list goes on and on. It's a culture of hypocrisy. If you're not going to play by the rules, don't say you will. Don't sign an international agreement saying you will.

The United States government would do well to remember that you get what you give in. If you don't fight by the rules, don't expect your enemies too.

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.