de_vegas - Cadaver

JamesL

I was wondering if anyone here on Mapcore has contact with Michael "Cadaver" Rosser, creator of de_vegas amongst many other fine maps. His website hasn't had an update in 3 years and his mail bounces.

If anyone can put me in touch that would be handy.

Ta

A similiar question: whatever happened to Popdog? Or the guy who made cs_backalley, TYR?

Popdog was the mascot for Barking Dog Stuios (who made backalley and train). Take-Two bought them and turned them into Rockstar Vancouver, who are working on Bully.

Ah yes, Barking Dog. They also did the expansion for Homeworld. For some reason Sierra got them to do it instead of the original devs, Relic.

It's because Barking Dog was formed from guys quitting Relic. So they already had first hand experience with Homeworld, and were willing to make the expansion for a whole lot less.

I still think It would have been better if Relic had done it. Especially considering they would of kept the same art style. Seeing those almost cartoony Somtaaw ships alongside the ships from the original was strange.

How many guys exactly quit from Relic at that time?

I tracked Cadaver down to Elixir Studios in London, but they went bust a year or more ago, after "Evil Genius". D'oh.

The thing is I really want to re-make de_vegas, as it was one of my favourite cs maps of all time, but I am loath to do it without the blessing of the maker, Cadaver. Dunno what to do now if I can't get in touch.

What do all you Mapcorians think is the best thing to do?

Obviously I cant speak on his behalf, but I seriously doubt he would have any problems with you doing a remake of it, if anything he should be flattered :)

However its the right thing to do, but if he's nearly impossible to get a hold of

then I donno :G