Hitman Blood Money goes gold!

FrieChamp

The demo was so good, Friechamp took off two days to be "ill" just to play it. :P

Nah, I played it at the weekend and I can't wait until I have some time to buy/play the full thing... only gripe was that the demo was the tutorial (but very good tutorial at that :P) ...I'd have preferred a bit more freedom meself.

Six georffs. :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my copy final arrived and i was impressed how the penumbra is visabily growing with no staircasing

so it definitly vektor based and not a lightmap the real question now isare thoe real geometry cuts in the level geometry and than simple vertex lighting(pre calculated) or is it dynamic in amore 1337 way than any other game ???

anyway.... thats the way of the future man :) TOP

love the gameplay too the hitman games were allways like stealth game but without the need to stay constantly out of the enemy viewcones ...i realy hate that sometimes (much leeter than splintercell mgs or beyond good and evil

I hate to say this but I never liked the Hitman games and I don't like the newest one either, although it's certainly the best title so far.

What I really dislike about Hitman is the whole try & error gameplay and I often come into situations where I'm urged to think "What does the leveldesigner want me to do now?"

Hitman missions and settings combined with Splinter Cell controls and AI would be the game of my dreams.

I was more thinking about the general settings and the main objective (to kill someone)

In Splinter Cell you're that boring American uber agent who saves the world from the evil terrorist bla bla... and the settings aren't as interesting as in the latest Hitman game. I just wished I could play some kind of evil Sam Fisher who can do all the nasty things that Agent 47 does.

(maybe Splinter Cell 4 will be something like that)

Don't get me wrong, Hitman is a good game and maybe it's just me, but the gameplay just doesn't feel "smooth" enough. I easily get frustrated by too much try and error.

I wouldn't even compare them. Splinter Cell is a stealth game, Hitman isn't at all. It's about successfully mingling with your targets and their locales, walking around confidently without raising suspicion.

Each Hitman 'contract' is a giant puzzle, with you having to gradually figure out the various (and optional) pieces, tools etc. at your disposal to a)kill the targets with minimal fuss and b) escape smoothly.

I'm only up to the Paris opera house but I'm loving it so far. Definitly the most confidently-executed Hitman game yet; everything works as it should, and there's tons of freedom each mission to try different approaches.

Don't judge it if you've only played the tutorial by the way. The full game is NOTHING like that linear 'hold-your-hand' affair.

Yeah, knocked FIFA off the top spot.

As for the Splinter Cell/Hitman comments, I don't get your comparison either :P ...Splinter Cell has always felt what you describe as "what does the designer want me to do now?" ...Hitman has many ways to play and is much less linear, although I do agree there are usually 1 or 2 'set' preferred ways, I wish they'd open up the gameplay and let some stuff be more emergent.

Also, glad to see the walk/strafe animation for Agent 47 is actually cool now and contains very little (none?) of that sliding from the old games.

First-person view is also better, but aiming reminded me more of the so-called "2nd-person" or over the shoulder shooting in Splinter Cell.

from what I've heard so far its seems to be the best in the series, which is great being that ive been a big fan of the francise. i'll hopefully pick it up this weekend or next. unfortunately i don't have too much time for gaming atm. :(

Don't judge it if you've only played the tutorial by the way. The full game is NOTHING like that linear 'hold-your-hand' affair.

Sadly, thats why I dont like the game so much :P I think its too hard ;)

Eh?

The demo level was really linear and you were led by the nose, but that's the nature of a tutorial, and maybe they realised there were lots of Hitman noobs who would need hand-holding.

To release it as a demo could be imho a bit of a mistake though, since luckily I've played 1 and 2 and could appreciate the new things they've added and improvements made without lamenting on the design or the level itself.

Originally the first of the Vegas levels (third last level of the game) was supposed to be the demo level, but some people in Eidos apparently thought it would be too hard for people and would scare away the new players.

Anyway I've never been a big fan of the Hitman games but this one really accomplished what I thought the other games in the series lacked, since you now feel like you get instant input on wheter or not you've been detected, that was my main beef with the previous games.

But If you play Blood Money like it deserves, slow and patiently, then it really pays off in my opinion and those that play it like a shooter might as well not play it at all, since its absolutely horrible in that aspect.

But yeah, cool stuff, glad to see most of you are enjoying it. Sadly the stuff I did for the White House level didnt turn out any way like I had planned (Or rather the people that set up the final gameplay just made no attempt to use the location I had set up in a meaningful way). Oh well :)