Interview with Scott Miller (3D Realms)

That's letting them off easy actually.

They've stayed afloat by doing quite the thing they're chastising. They licensed out Duke Nukem to a number of smaller studios and publishers since the N64 days to keep development alive on DNF and Prey.

I, conversely, have little respect for the G. Broussard because of his consistent prickling of developers who are doing exactly what he is, staying in business.

Bottom line, who wants to take development advice from someone who can't actually develop?

(This is, of course, in reaction to his disengenuous bull-horning as of late)

That's letting them off easy actually.

DNF el oh el :roll:

They've stayed afloat by doing quite the thing they're chastising. They licensed out Duke Nukem to a number of smaller studios and publishers since the N64 days to keep development alive on DNF and Prey.

...and people still like working there and their turnover is much lower than a lot of dev houses. I see success in the happiness of the workers and the longevity of the company.

I, conversely, have little respect for the G. Broussard because of his consistent prickling of developers who are doing exactly what he is, staying in business.

I hear an echo here and I think I know the source. PM me for a private conversation about this if you want, but I think this avenue is done in public ;)

Bottom line, who wants to take development advice from someone who can't actually develop?

They develop just fine and their people are happy, that's what matters most.

(This is, of course, in reaction to his disengenuous bull-horning as of late)

Why is it disengenuous?

the king of vaporware.

i bet if it ever does finish it will most likely suck.

More than likely no one will know what it is and it'll have to stand on its own two feet rather than have a legacy backing it up. Whether or not it has the gumption to pull that off... well, I withhold my judgement.

I know I must seem like Britain to Posty's America because I keep agreeing with him, but I have to agree with him (yet again). I don't hold anything against 3dr. They're in business, everyones happy, they're doing fine.

Sounds stupid, but I think 3dr is one of the few places I would want to work for.