Sign in to follow this  
freakadelle

hdn_resident | 100% custom | still wip

that will change. there are two outdoor areas (no pix yet), there will be fire in one room. no lights except moonlight in another...

mh and well. give me some ideas

Ok guys, i'm back in the business :)

I didnt really find any time to work on hdn_resident in the last few months (it had several reasons eg steam :roll: )

but now i'm able to present you some new stuff.

don't be surprised that some pics show older parts of the map. I added lots of details, lighting an other stuff. so you wont waste time looking at the older ones too ;)

so here we go:

resident1thumb.jpgresident2thumb.jpgresident3thumb.jpgresident4thumb.jpg

resident5thumb.jpgresident6thumb.jpgresident7thumb.jpgresident8thumb.jpg

resident9thumb.jpgresident10thumb.jpgresident11thumb.jpgresident12thumb.jpg

resident13thumb.jpgresident14thumb.jpgresident15thumb.jpgresident16thumb.jpg

resident17thumb.jpgresident18thumb.jpgresident19thumb.jpgresident20thumb.jpg

The map is nearly finished. Layout is ready, details are mostly added.

I just have to deletd some normal/bump maps to get a better overall picture.

comments pls :)

ps.: this is still 100% custom work

e: oh, I forgot. I worked on my online-portfolio the last days.

I would really appreciate it, if you could take a look :wink:

http://www.bliss-art.net

your map is teh sex. only thing i could think of is adding a railing to the stairs..

about your portfolio:

well, it looks cool IMO, but if it where to be mine id chache the white/gray background to white/back to add some contrast.. or to white/whine-red for the warmth of the color.. furthermore, Id change the FONT you used in your header, that type of FONT is overused IMO. Id go for something less 'chaotic' and more stylish. but I guess thats all about taste!

lastly: its simple and plain lay-out make it easy to browse. keep it that way :)

make it only so that people with 1024x800 resolutions (laptop users i.e.) dont have to scroll the index page because of the frame you use (i hope you get what im trying to say here.. :P)

GJ!! :elrey:

your skybox doesn't look like a skybox? It looks like a textured wall? Or am I imagining things?

your skybox doesn't look like a skybox? It looks like a textured wall? Or am I imagining things?

true dat. Didn't notice it myself untill i saw your post.

Other than that, the map looks HORRIBLE, in a good way, get it..? Horrible

hHAhah..

haha...

AHAHAH

Awesome work, still love it.

but it IS a skybox with a normal sky. the sky is just not that good, but you wont see that ingame. well, i hope so :D

perhaps ill make a new one / tweak this one

vary nice, and great custom content. the stairs without a banister looks a bit odd but other wise excellent. the only crit I would have is that maybe the browns are overused, making the level too dull and making it all seem to blur together. maybe try breaking it up with more of the red?

looks fantastic though, keep up the good work!

lastly: its simple and plain lay-out make it easy to browse. keep it that way :)

make it only so that people with 1024x800 resolutions (laptop users i.e.) dont have to scroll the index page because of the frame you use (i hope you get what im trying to say here.. :P)

i already complained about that. he didnt want to learn CSS to make an easy layout :( btw MacOS Firefox in 1440x900 still needs a scrollbar even there is no sense for having one. though iframes suck because now i have 2 scrollbars and a the iframes doesnt give any opportunity to view a category matching to each ones screen resolution (for example my big 1920x1200 isnt filled with content because he uses iframes which crop a lot of stuff.

the map is turning out to be a real big beauty. Hope this will be a frequently played map in the hidden community.

greetings

the map is turning out to be a real big beauty. Hope this will be a frequently played map in the hidden community.

greetings

well, it's gonna be an official one icon16.gif