In The Works ...

the Carpenter

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

work on your color to evoke mood. Right now the whole scene is really unsaturated and causes me to feel its bland. It wasn't like you attempted it. So go online and search for photography that focuses on light and how it can affect a scene. Find a photo you want to relate too and try to achieve that lighting. I'm assuming you're using halflife 1 so the depth of your buildings isn't great. However that may be a techinical limitation. However even it is HL1 you can still achieve greater outdoor depth. There are plenty of resources out there that can offer you some ways to think on how to improve your out doors.

normal apartment biuldings don't usually have apartments on the first floor, it looks odd to have windows on ground level.

where are you from? Makes me think that all my friends live in abnormal appartments, seeing as how all their units are on the first floor...

I agree that the buildings are flat. I think they are flat to a point where they would have looked cool in 1997. The detail on the cars and the bulldozer is way too high in comparison to the rest of the world. You should work to try and make the rest of the world have as much detail as the objects in it.

looks kind of blank and boring. the buildings could use more detail, texture wise and brush wise - a building should be more sophisticated than one big block. and it looks really spread out. i saw this on the ts forums earlier today - gameplay wise, it wouldn't be very good for ts. you need a big vertical playability range for diving from one floor or doing the wall kicking and flipping things to move up. the map definitely has potential to be really good though - you're not in a destined to fail situation right now. check out ts_shady by minotauro for some inspiration. it's a night city themed map that is very great looking and playing.