Sign in to follow this  
mikezilla

Mapcore Changes

Way to take the bait, mawibse.

As for the front page... it's starting to become seriously redundant, especially now that the forums have been restructured slightly. All it has basically been used for up to now is advertising jobs, and since we've got a forum dedicated to that there seems to be little point in continuing doing it there.

And, let's face it, any kind of news that interests this community will almost certainly hit the forums well before the front page. The only incentive to keep the front page active is the spotlight, but is it really necessary to have a whole page for that?

Perhaps it'd make more sense to bring the forums forward to occupy the front page, and either shift the spotlight forum right up to the top so that people don't miss the new additions, or perhaps implement a custom thumbnail script which shows the latest spotlight(s) near the top.

In short, I don't think a front page is necessary at all, considering that everything on it is derived from the forums anyway and that a lot of community members probably don't ever visit it. Why not just cut out the middle man and let people see what they want right away? A transparent redirect would do the trick.

Plus, an active community like Mapcore is a big draw for new members. The only problem is that nobody sees the active community as it's hidden behind a dead website.

Good points Thrik, shifting the forums into the middle where the news are, is most probably better than starting to update the news (no matter how many news posters we have, the forums will always be more up to date) and certainly better than what we have now.

Great work MikeZ!

Now when ever in doubt i can always post in OT.

Some times i wanted to do so when i am serious but couldn't couse its being trashed in eot, not that i complain about it couse it is eot after all.

But its good to have some where to post serious stuff that doesnt fit anywhere else.

The whole concept is great now more pro even.

And Thrik your ideas are great!

GW!

Spellbinder.

we have some ideas for the Front page, just things are a tad busy at the moment at work, but we think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah as mojo said we're retooling the front page, actually be seriously awesome. But it's gonna take a bit of love.

Thrik- I'd like to talk to you specifically about it if you have time. Aim or Email or something.

Sign in to follow this